Head Games Question

stephintexas
on 6/15/12 5:51 am
I have been at 189 in the morning and 191 at bedtime for several weeks now. If I eat 600 cals, 1000 cals (like yesterday) or exercise or not and that makes zero sense. Yesterday I was on strong antibiotics and got really nauceous so the dr told me to add something to eat everytime I had to take one. Plus, I was feeling cranky and crappy so that contributed. This makes zero sense to me. It makes my mind think crazy things like: I might as well eat 1000 cals since I get the same result OR No matter what I seem to be at the same weight so maybe my body LIKES 189.

Is this what is referred to as a stall? When no matter what you do, your weight is the same? Or have I hit the dreaded nearly 6 month point where things change?

I've been on pain meds for my tooth and I thought that might have slowed my metabolism or affected water retention. I know I couldn't sleep ALL night and have been dragging all day so that might have contributed. Not getting sleep or getting to stressed always make me stop having BM's and stop losing.

Shagdoll
on 6/15/12 6:14 am, edited 6/15/12 6:15 am
I know a big problem I have is not getting enough sleep. I do think it effects my weight loss. I just feel like I don't have enough time in my day to get everything done. Heck, I hardly watch TV either.
You sound like you hit a stall for sure because if you are staying on plan and you stop losing, then your body is just readjusting.
I usually consume about 650 calories a day but when I hit a stall that lasts about 2 weeks, I tend to up my calories too. I'm not sure this is an excuse to eat more but maybe I feel like if I get more calories in for a few days and then go back to 650, then maybe I can get the scale moving again. I've tried it before and it's worked. I just tried it today and the past couple of days but I'll have to see by sometime next week if this method is still working. If not, I'll just go back to 650 calories a day and not up the calories. I also need to increase the intensity of my workouts. I think I just need to step it up, period!!! I recently seeked some guidance & advice from one of our vets so I'm hoping I can see more results soon.
Good luck with everything gurl!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

stephintexas
on 6/15/12 6:23 am
Thanks! You're so positive and upbeat! :)

Minime70
on 6/15/12 6:24 am - FL
VSG on 01/11/12
I also had a stall of about 3 weeks - then I up'd my calories for 2 days, took a psyllium fiber drink daily, cut off all sodium whenever I could, drank a ton of plain water, and then went back down on my calories back to normal. I started to lose again after that.. I also got a lot of sleep and got a massage. I don't know if that was the reason my weight loss started again but that is what I did...
vsg= 11Jan 12; hw=270; sw=250.8 

Desari63
on 6/15/12 6:27 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Medication can screw you up depending on what the meds are. Steroid meds are the worse for weight gain simply because of the amount of water you need to drink. Have you been on meds for a while or what?

If this is a true stall, here's what I do..for about 2 wks I try and go back to the beginning (around week 2 or 3) and eat that way. Give or take a day or 2 the stall will move and the loss is on again. Ck with your dr on the meds and see what he says but I'm thinking that can be the cause if they have been long term...

Keep us posted and Good Luck!

Barbara McKeown

stephintexas
on 6/15/12 6:34 am
I had a root canal tooth reabscess. They had to remove my crowns and a bridge and it was about 4K in cost. I had been on antibiotics and pain meds for about 3 days. I was stressed, upset, worried about losing the tooth altogether and pissed about the cost. I had just had custom bleach trays made and now they don't fit on the top. I grumbled for about 3 days, I don't handle pain well! lol 4,000 dollars is a lot of money and I asked them to repair the tooth BEFORE cutting off the crown and bridge but they said they needed to get into the tooth to find the fracture. They cut it all off and found no fracture. I had been up for nights in pain and was irritated.

Then someone said "just be glad you had the money" which is true. Or I'd be whistling through the gap of a missing molar. The medicine has made me spacey and I laid in bed last night unable to sleep. I finally fell asleep this morning and called in late to work. I can tell my body is off but I'm not sure if it's pain, meds, lack of sleep, stress or all of the above.

I also switched protein shakes and the new ones are uber thick. I went from Pure Protein 170 cals, 35 gs of protein to Met Rx RTD, 270 cals and 51 gs of protein. I still count the cals correctly but I hate the taste. I'm wondering if that has impacted me at all. I wonder if we can process 51 gs of protein at a time.

Desari63
on 6/15/12 7:08 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Yeah..sounds like you have a few things working against you at the moment. Now I don't know about the protein shakes but if they are nasty I won't drink them. I'm on the Elite Gourmet (Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor) and it's yummy. I add a banana, a couple of strawberries with ice and a touch of almond milk and oh boy!!! HEAVEN! Might want to check that out as well. you can have that much protein a day but you can't have it all at one time..have to spread it out. I can make a 40oz last about 6-7 hours but then again i'm only 3 1/2 PO too.

I think once you're off the meds (no, not ones for the craziness...those are the special ones..LOL) and I think you'll probably see a change in the scale ("Going down, Mr. Tyler?" - "Love in an Elevator, Aerosmith video - I love that one...sorry, I digress..).

If ya need someone to talk it out, feel free to holler at me here or email
[email protected]

Barbara McKeown

emelar
on 6/15/12 6:28 am - TX
Being sick will mess things up.  Meds will mess things up.  Your best bet is to keep on track and stay off the scale until you're well and rested.

You may be in a stall, but only time will get you out of it.  Keep your head in the game!
stephintexas
on 6/15/12 7:08 am
My hair loss from ONE brushing after my shower. I'm losing hair faster then weight! LOL

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9530/dsc0124vy.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views