Feel like I'm falling apart

lmf1964
on 6/16/12 1:16 pm - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
I am about 10 weeks post-op.  Prior to surgery I was very healthy other then being obese.  Since surgery I feel like I am falling apart. 

Memorial day weekend I was admitted to the hospital for 5 days because I was having severe pain.  Come to find out I had a stone lodged in my liver duct.  I don't have my gall bladdar but was told you can still get stones.

The Monday before the Memorial day holiday, I had a D&C because about a month post-op I was bleeding very heavy.  Cycles haven't been regular for about 10 years.  Come to find out, the pathology report showed pre-cancer, so now I am scheduled for a complete hysterectomy next month.  I am scared to death!  Not so much about the surgery but about what they could find.

I also just found out I am iron deficiant anemic.

What the heck is going on?  Things were better before my weight loss surgery.

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
Lynnegetsbrave
on 6/16/12 1:24 pm
 Hang in there...I am sorry you are having these various health problems...it could be that you would have had them regardless of the surgery.  

Substantial weight loss can bring on a heavy period and if you hadn't had that you wouldn't know you had pre-cancerous cells...so maybe at least for that it is a blessing in disguise.  Keep your hopes up!!
Missey J.
on 6/16/12 1:35 pm, edited 6/16/12 3:02 pm - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12
Hugs and prayers hon. I went thru the hysterectomy myself many years ago, back when i was thin...lol. Make sure you get hormons before ya leave ! They didn't give me any and I was a TOTAL mess !

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
SassyItalian
on 6/16/12 2:33 pm - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
My doctor told me that when all that fat cushion goes away you can start to notice pain/things that have been hidden and cushioned by your fat.

So..3 months after my VSG I had severe abdominal pain, turns out I had a huge, undetected ovarian cyst, more surgery, complications, etc.

The point is: IT DOES GET BETTER!!!

I ended up having 3 abdominal surgeries total in 1 year which is alot, and you know what, I am healed and feel like a new woman.

You will get through it, try and look positively, as someone mentioned, they found pre-cancerous cells and are taking care of it. It could have been too late if this hadnt have happened.

And as a plus, your body will be able to recover easier being at a lower weight, and your body is in better health to undergo surgery with the weight that you have lost. Surgery is safer at a more normal weight. We must count our blessings when we forget them, sometimes.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

Georgie Mayhem
on 6/16/12 4:16 pm - New Zealand

read a post awhile bsck, someone thanking the pre surgery tests as they saved her life, cant remember medical problem.

stone? well could of had it if surgery or not.

pre cancer be bloody thankful that come back with question mark as would you of picked it up otherwise.

sounds it could of saved your life also.

bunnymom
on 6/17/12 12:16 am
My hysterectomy 6 months after my VSG made me feel like a new woman! That and the weight loss and I was on cloud 9 for weeks after and knowing I had gotten rid of the pre-cancerous stuff and finally quit bleeding--all of that was stress on my body because when I came home from hospital, I lost about 20 pounds in a couple of weeks. You will do great and feel so good then you will not believe it. Get your anemia under control too as that makes you feel especially depressed and weak. Good luck to you! Take it a day at a time and concentrate on returning to optimum health.
Bunnymom            
lmf1964
on 6/17/12 4:29 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
Thank you all for the words of encourgagement.  It is just scary and I will be glad when it is over.

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'