Still Loving the Sleeved Life

diane S.
on 6/17/12 4:57 am
Yesterday was a big reminder of how great it is to be rid of 125 lbs and have bmi of 21  or so.  Our studio sells drinks at the local oyster festival as a fund raiser. I did lots of walking carrying stuff, loading and unloading boxes of stuff, serving customers, and overall grunt work after a day of household stuff and came home to fix dinner and do other things. I was one tired puppy but woke up to no aches and pains.  Three years ago I could not have done 15% of this without going to bed with a vicodin and hurting for days.

I am 60 years old and was able to really enjoy the festival and all the silliness of it without my body tormenting me and worrying if I was going to be able to carry something weighin 10 lbs to my car two blocks away.

Being slim =  freedom.   Its great to be free of that fat.      diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

BuckeyeGirl
on 6/17/12 5:09 am - TN

Sounds like a great day!

Sometimes I feel like this when I'm running up the stairs in my house. It's so easy now to hop up and down the stairs and sometimes I'll think, "Did I really get out of breath on a couple flights of stairs??" Yep! I sure did. But not anymore!

I think that too when shopping...now medium sizes are starting to look bigger and I think, "did I really used to not fit into anything in this store?" Yep! Really I didn't. But now I do!

Lindsey

Shagdoll
on 6/17/12 5:15 am
That is so great to hear Diane! Just living a post op sleeved life is probably the best NSV we could ask for. I'm so happy you are just out there living & enjoying life.
Have a great day with your hubby.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

jennygalthin n
on 6/17/12 5:17 am
Great post and I m sure it will be inspiration to those yours age and younger.. !!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/12 5:32 am
Great post Diane, and very inspirational for newbies.  It is remarkable how much more freedom to enjoy life we have now than before the VSG.  You are living the life.
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/12 5:43 am
Wow! Excellent inspiration for us all! 

I'm enjoying discovering so many things about sleeved life - like I didn't sweat yesterday in the 103 degree heat we had in Contra Costa! How different and refreshing is that!? 
ruggie
on 6/17/12 7:39 am - Sacramento, CA
Terrific post, Diane :)

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/12 8:26 am
 Hey Stranger,

How have you been feeling? I hope you are recovering well. Please post an update when you feel up to it. 

(deactivated member)
on 6/17/12 9:05 am
 That is awesome! Thanks for the post. I can't wait!
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/12 9:25 am
Thanks! Can't wait to feel like that.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views