Tried out a new recipe.....YUMMY

Karebare50
on 6/17/12 10:43 am - Troy, NY
So here I am in the mushies stage and having loaded my fridge with greek yougurt, fat free ricotta, eggs, lowfat cheese and non fat cottage cheese.  Now, how do I make it interesting so I don't get tired of this stage?  When my son is eating or I cook for him, I try to match my meal to something similar.  For instance, tonight he wanted pizza and wings.  So he got those and I decided to make an italian omelet.  Scrambled an egg and added italian seasoning, salt, pepper and dehydrated onion flakes.  Then mixed a tablespoon of ricotta with garlic and italian spices.  Made the omelet and put the rocotta in the middle.  Heated a little smooth marinara sauce and poured it over the top.  Man it was great!  I would have never thought to put this together before surgery, but it's amazing what you can come up with when you only have a few ingredients to work with.  So far, success with all my mushies.  It's a trip learning how to do this - eating slowly and listening to the signals from your body take s alot of time!
Karebare50 Dance Like Nobody's Watching!

HW pre-surgery: 248  SW: 236

bluerskies
on 6/17/12 11:49 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 Sounds good.  I will have to file that recipe away.  
 Jessica

Ashleyxx
on 6/17/12 1:28 pm - Detroit, MI
 That omelette sounds great, I'll have to try it sometime.

Posted Image    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 394 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views