Suggestions for lowering carbs

NUJoyce
on 6/26/12 12:02 am - Hayward, CA

Hi:

I have been sticking to 30 carbs 800 calories and 80 plus grams of protein.   My protein is most often in 2 protein shakes made with milk but milk has so many carbs that if I do two shakes I am over my carbs by 4 grams by lunch time.   Any suggestions?   My protein shake is only 5 grams and I like it so I don't want to change it.   I have thought about changing to half milk half water for the shake but I don't like the taste as much so I will be less likely to drink two.

Look forward to hearing your suggestions.

LeahBea
on 6/26/12 12:15 am
VSG on 05/31/11 with
What else are you eating? That would give a better picture so we can make suggestions.

Leah

AmberK
on 6/26/12 12:19 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Lots of people use Almond milk. It's still thick and good, but not so many carbs! 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

rhearob
on 6/26/12 12:36 am - TN
 This far out you should be getting most of your protein from meals not from shakes.  What does your daily meal plan look like?

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Cindy22706
on 6/26/12 1:03 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I use hood brand milk. Its called calorie countdown and I think 1 cup has 9 carbs.

acbbrown
on 6/26/12 1:07 am - Granada Hills, CA
Low cal, unsweetened almond milk is lower in carbs.

But if you really want to go that low carb - why not just eat 3 oz of chicken or other dense meat...then you dont have to worry about the carbs.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Evymetalmommy
on 6/26/12 1:20 am - LA
VSG on 04/19/12
When I do have milk in my protein shake I use unsweeted Almond milk.  However, I don't drink too many shakes these days.  
incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

amandataylor0819
on 6/26/12 2:13 am
NUJoyce, I'm in the same boat....Eating chicken, fish, etc just doesn't appeal to me most of time so if I wasn't doing protein shakes I wouldn't be getting much protein in at all....and I am always wayyyyyyyy over on my carbs.....Seems like everything that even sounds remotely good is loaded with carbs....when I buy my groceries this weekend I am seriously going to be looking at the carb count in everything....I think that is mainly responsible for the slow down in my loss....

NUJoyce
on 6/26/12 12:34 pm - Hayward, CA
Hey -- Thanks for all the suggestions.  I am doing two shakes because I need to do that to stay on plan.   My work is really stressful and I am stress eater.  If I eat my meal at home I do better.   I am going to try the almond milk.     In the Fall when things slow down at work I will go back to eating a regular meal at lunch.

Normally for dinner I have chicken or fish with veggies or fruit.