IVC Filter and Coumadin?

tmrdrs111904
on 6/26/12 11:29 am - WA
 Just wondering if anyone on here has experienced the filter while being on a blood thinner before? Im very nervous about this procedure more so than the VSG.

danzeppelin
on 6/26/12 2:00 pm
VSG on 08/15/12
You leiden factor five positive? I am. Mutant blood. No worries. The filter ain't no big deal. Just insurance. A safeguard. Don't sweat it. You'll be alright.
1crazy_cat_lady
on 6/26/12 2:59 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
BROTHER!!!!  I too am a mutant!  I didn't know if there were any of our kind on the boards. 

HW: 361  CW: 337.8  Goal:  To come off most of my meds

AngieB2011
on 6/26/12 10:56 pm - MD
VSG on 03/19/12
Raising hand. I have a filter (inserted for surgery) and I'm on blood thinner.  Two weeks before and after surgery I was on lovenox.  I'm 3 months post-op now, back on coumadin and about to have the filter removed.

i was nervous about the filter insertion too. For me and MOST that I spoke to it was easy, a simple procedure.

tmrdrs111904
on 6/27/12 1:36 am - WA
 yes i have factor 5 and also factor 2, I start lovenox on saturday for the filter procedure on tuesday. then my VSG is on the 10.

Hislady
on 6/27/12 2:50 am - Vancouver, WA
Like the others said it's no biggie getting the filter put in or taken out. My doc used a twilight sedation, went in thru my neck and was covered with a small band aid. When removed it was the same thing, no pain at all. I've been on coumadin for over 20 years and have had many surgeries, but this was the only one where they used a filter since it is so close to the organs it is more important for stomach surgeries. You'll do just fine, it's a very easy procedure. I have a clotting disorder too but it is some odd ball one that hardly anyone  else has.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 93 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 317 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 363 views