ALMOST REACHING MY 2 YRS, NOW PLASTIC SURGERY????

Sandra R.
on 6/27/12 12:30 am
MY 'REBIRTHDAY" AKA MY SURGERY ANNIVERSARY IS APPROACHING SOON. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I HAVE COME ALONG WAY. FROM 277LBS TO 165LBS. I AM THRILLED AT THE ENERGY I HAVE, AND EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING WELL WITH ME. BUT...NOW I HAVE THE PROBLEM OF EXCESS SKIN. AN I AM CONSIDERING MEETING WITH A PLASTIC SURGEON. MY DOCTOR TOLD ME THAT SINCE I AM STILL IN MY 20s MY SKIN WILL RETURN TO IT'S 'NATURAL" SHAPE. I AM ONLY HAVING ISSUES WITH MY ABDOMAL AREA. AND SIT UPS HAVE NOT HELPED.  SHOULD I GO THROUGH WITH SEEING PLASTIC SURGEON? I'M UNDECIDED. PLEASE HELP.

smbergie200
on 6/27/12 12:45 am - Naples, FL
It depends on if your skin bothers you. I disagree with your doctor. Your skin will not go back to being perfect. It just doesn't work that way. But he is correct that since your young it will go back more than if you were older. But being 2 years out what you got now is most likely how you will look the rest of your life. If I had the money I would get it done, but thats not an option for me right now. Just my 2 cents. Take care and good luck with you decision.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Sandra R.
on 6/27/12 12:51 am
THANK YOU. I DON'T HAVE THE MONEY IN FULL JUST YET AND THAT'S WHY I HAVEN'T FINALIZED MY DECISION JUST YET.
angelsmom89
on 6/27/12 2:31 am - Tallahassee, FL
I think you should go get a consultation.  You're not committing to a surgery, and it will give you a good idea of what is involved and a close estimate of how much money you need to save.

No heaven will not ever Heaven be
Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
~Author Unknown

Sandra R.
on 6/27/12 3:27 am
 I will do that. But do u know if the doctor consults  charge u?

angelsmom89
on 6/27/12 4:35 am - Tallahassee, FL
Sandra, it depends on the doctor. 

I would call the offices of different plastic surgeons and go from there.  If there is a particular doctor you are interested in, it might be worth it to pay a consulting fee, depending on what it is.

Good luck!

No heaven will not ever Heaven be
Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
~Author Unknown

seeingmyselfthere
on 6/27/12 3:18 am
VSG on 03/07/12

i would keep the consult. if i were still in my 20's i would probably go ahead and do whatever needed to be done to feel comfortable in your new body.  you'll have a lot longer time to live with your body image - lol. but on the serious side - go for it. if it doesn't happen you'll be fine, but if it does - well, that's just gravy. :-)

Sandra R.
on 6/27/12 3:32 am
 Thank u. I have a few dollars saved to start my plastic surgery process. 

ib40
on 6/27/12 3:19 am
It is absolutely worth a consultation. My only caution would be that you are young and you may want to have babies later on which will undo much of what is done during a tummy tuck. If you are finished in the offspring department (or choose not to go that route), then I say see the plastic surgeon. Your skin's elasticity is largely genetic. My mom and I have horrible stretch marks, but my sister had a 10 lb. baby and doesn't have one. Go figure. I plan to slice and dice my body back to what it should have always looked like once I'm done with my weight loss.

Sandra R.
on 6/27/12 3:25 am
 Yes I am done in the baby department. I have three and I'm done for good. I have stretch marks, but they do not bother me. I rather have the stretch marks rather than the excess skin. Thank u for your insight

Most Active