5DPT 5 day pouch test ... surprising weight loss Day 3

Carmelita
on 6/27/12 3:17 am, edited 6/27/12 4:13 am - Four Corners, NM
OK for those of you naysayers out there....on doing the 5DPT 5 day pouch test...read no further

I AM DOIN IT...Im on Day 3. I have done it about 6 times before. Upon completion usually 5 pounds in 5 days...and that ain't no water weight!...Only once, following it to a T...did I lose 8 pounds in 5 days.

The weight never came off doing it.....until Day 4 and Day 5.

THIS TIME....2 POUNDS on Day 3 ...Im f-n trippin..Ive never experienced that in all the times Ive done it ..to break my stalls, to jump start my weight loss, carb detox, check restriction..etc....I AM following it to a T.

My protein is usually 80--100gs a day, but I had dropped my carbs to about 40-50gs a day, the week before...maybe that's why Ive gotten this result so soon...I dunno. But me likes it!!

Yesterday, as I went into ketosis was a rough one...was ready to chew my right arm off. I kept with it!! that light at the end of the tunnel!
Making meals for DH, burned everything, couldn't think clear..put cinammon on his deviled eggs instead of paprika..lmao ..I warned him last week that I was gonna be startin the 5DPT on Monday (always best for me). and on Tuesday when Im in ketosis I was gonna be a *****! I told him last week he better move into one of the basement bedrooms...cuz if not I'd tie his nuts in a knot! he wouldn't listen! ...BUT IT ALL PASSED today in great spirits, CAN EAT!!, and.my DHs nuts are still intact! lmao

Im thinkin I might even keep this momentum going for Day 6...and beyond, now that my goal is to get my VSG tattoo!!

THERE IS NO DENYING THE PSYCHOLOGICAL ASPECTS TO GOALS!

Some info on doin the 5 DAY POUCH TEST, caveats..if any of you's (I rec..to folks 6 months out n further)...want to dedicate 5 DAYS instead of weeks or months of bellyachin or lamentin about your bein stuck....give it a shot....it just may surprise you too.
Get ya back to basics and the principles of weight loss post VSG.

stalls n plateaus...gotta scroll down some
http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog/2009/08/01/ stalls-and-plateaus/

THOSE THAT SAY IT CANNOT BE DONE...NEED TO GET OUT OF THE WAY OF THOSE DOING IT............chinese proverb
ib40
on 6/27/12 3:23 am, edited 6/27/12 3:24 am
I do the 5DPT every time my eating gets "messy." It gets me back on track and helps me refocus my eating without obsessing about it. It has also helped me when I am stalled and losing faith.

I'm sure there are naysayers out there, but it works for me, it's safe, and it isn't difficult. What more could you ask for?

rhearob
on 6/27/12 3:53 am - TN
 Hmmmmm - thinking about it....

I need a kick in the pants to get me to goal...

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

ib40
on 6/27/12 3:59 am
It doesn't hurt to try! It's broken two different stalls for me--one recently that lasted six very unglorious weeks.I typically show a loss on the 2nd or 3rd day. It's nice to see, especially when the scale seems to be stuck at one place.

Carmelita
on 6/27/12 4:45 am - Four Corners, NM
 Hey there Rob...maybe just the 2 day fasting part of it would shake (protein) it up enough for ya. I think highly of doin a fast for 2 days ...every now and again.  green smoothies, protein shakes whatever.....a fast just for 2 days even really helps/works reset us 
angiagee
on 6/27/12 3:59 am
VSG on 09/11/12
what does that mean? 5dpt?
MizzEvil
on 6/27/12 4:06 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
5DPT - 5 Day Pouch Test.

bedazzle
on 6/27/12 4:07 am
VSG on 04/26/12
They are referring to the 5 day pouch test.

Carmelita
on 6/27/12 4:16 am - Four Corners, NM
 5DPT means 5 DAY POUCH TEST.   Developed by an RNYr hence the "pouch"...but a very effective tool for VSGrs as well. I don't know how far out you are...but I wouldn't advise doing it unless your at LEAST 6 months out or further.

Ive read of some nuts (nutrtionalists) say wait until VSGr is 9 months out to do it....so check with your nut if ya wanna get some professional advice ok ang. 
noberkirch
on 6/27/12 4:15 am
Wher can you find this info in how to follow. Did u say u wouldnt recommend for people a month out. What are good suggestions for us,I'm stalling at 25lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views