Help please.. Insurance Question

Brittany R.
on 6/28/12 12:16 am
     So I'm finishing up my 90 day prerequisites for Aetna. Yesterday I found out that I'm missing 1 year of the 3 year required Weight History. I totally freaked out. My nightmares of insurance denial seemed to be coming true
     After speaking to the Doctor's office today I was told I need to write Aetna a letter explaining the missing documentation. She also told me she has never had anyone denied because of one year missing but with my luck I'd be the first. In 2011 (the year missing) I worked a very stressful job and it was like breaking teeth to get a day off.
     I let the doctor's office know that I had my weight logs from Weigh****chers online and she told me that they would accept that and I even offered pictures and she said that was no good.

Any sugguestions on how I should approach this letter/ and or your experience with this?

-Katherine
neecie1123
on 6/28/12 12:46 am - NC
 I used to work for Aetna.  We did appeals all the time and I've never known an appeal to be denied.  It is just the firey hoops they want you to jump through.  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 390 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views