Struggling??? & NSV

kcquilter
on 7/5/12 1:25 am
I am out 8 months & down 100 lbs (20 pre-surgery) & found myself this past month not losing much &  sometimes the scale going up a lb before heading back down.  Well I decided I needed to be making some changes & trying new things & that is just what I did & the weight is coming off again.

You ask what I did? 
*went back to having a protein drink every am & not my usual one of mixed berry powder with water & CL but trying some of the ones people had posted on here & also going to www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.  tripmom02 posted a coffee one the other day & I decided to get some of that protein powder & make it.  If someone had told me 8 months ago I would be drinking an iced coffee with chocolate protein powder & liking it I would have told them they were crazy :).

*I got some of the sf vanilla & raspberry Torani Syrup & have been using them in my plain greek yogurt & protein drinks, I don't know how I lived this long without them, now I have to find more cupboard space as I collect more of them lol.  rhearob has posted some great ideas to change up the flavor of plain greek yogurt (now one of my favorite snacks)

*Experiement & try new recipes or combination of foods, some you may not like but you may discover a new favorite.  Yesterday under the post " VSG Doesn't Fix You"  Just_a_pretty_face shared all kinds of links for recipes.

*I found when I gave myself permission to have a "special" treat, it no longer was something I want because it isn't forbidden now.  My Nut told me no food was off limit, if I was craving something, to have a bite of it & I have found out that is usually enough to take care of the craving & can move on to more healthly eating or else it really doesn't taste the same now.

This weekend was full of NSV, we went to a 4th of July barbeque where I hadn't seen some people since before my surgery & they were all telling me how great I looked & I was able to wear a really cute dress, that looked good on me.

We hosted a pot luck last night & my 2 best friends braught things they knew I could eat :)

For dessert I let everyone make their own sundaees & I had decided instead of ice cream I would have some greek yogurt but I was so full I didn't have anything but it didn't bother me to watch everyone else enjoy their ice cream.

Was I perfect yesterday, no I enjoyed a few drinks & chips & dip but that is ok because today is a new day & I'm off to a great start.

Have a great day everyone & sorry this got so long.
Cinderella50
on 7/5/12 1:33 am - NY
VSG on 08/29/12
This was great! Thank you. I am about to get sleeved and need to know all the things I need to know. One thing I can't figure out is what is "NSV". I see it in some posts, but am not sure what they stand for. Thanks for the syrup tips!

kcquilter
on 7/5/12 1:36 am
"NSV" is non-scale victory. Good luck with your surgery & keep us posted on how you are doing.
Black_Irish_Girl
on 7/5/12 2:42 am
great job, kcquilter.  i found eggface a few months ago and love her site with all the recipes and ideas.  and greek yogurt is my favorite go to.  i have been using the Mio flavoring to the plain greek to add goodness to it.  my current fav is strawberry watermelon with a few strawberries sliced into it.

my special treat is dove dark chocolates.  i know i can have one every day no matter what.  and when i have one, i let it melt completely... no chewing it.  i savor every moment and do nothing while eating one.  before surgery, a bag would last me about three days (if i was lucky).  i have a jar full of them on the counter now and it no longer is a problem!  like you, just the idea knowing i can have one allows me to have the mental attitude, 'naw, not today.  maybe i will want one tomorrow.' and i really like the control i feel with the new attitude!

great job on finding your way.  OH has been a such great assett finding ideas and recipes for me.  makes me want to pay it forward for the new folks.

BIG dee

52 yrs old, 5'2" HW & SW: 235 CW: 134 Personal Goal: 125

For those who may not know... Black Irish is a brown eyed brunette of Irish descent.  My sister got the red hair and green eyes... 

louisamay
on 7/5/12 3:07 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Thank you for this wonderful post!  It's so true, and why I believe we benefit from continuing to read and post here even when our immediate post-sleeve issues no longer keep us glued to the computer looking for answers.

And as always, the vets who continue to post and share make such a big difference!

I finally ordered some PB2 and am looking forward to experimenting with it!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views