2 weeks out

julie_luree
on 7/4/12 7:37 am - Fenwick, MI
VSG on 06/19/12
It has been 15 days since my surgery and down 20lbs  I still have soreness around my incisions (6 of them) and my tummy still alittle tender but I actually feel great!  Tomorrow I have my 2 week follow up at Dr's and hopefully go to soft foods, yay!  This absolutely was the best choise and decision I have ever made!  Thank you Dr. Baker !! The only little problem I am having right now is the IV sight which was on the back of my hand.  Tues. morning woke up and the back of my hand was hurting so bad and swollen and looked to be bruised. It still hurts and has spread up my arm a little.  Infection? I am a little worried.  I will find out tomorrow. Thanks for letting me rant and anyone else have a problem with their IV sight?
spinout980
on 7/4/12 8:09 am - Jackson, MI
VSG on 06/19/12
 Congrats on your success! I have also lost 20ish pounds and starting to finally feel somewhat normal again. My IV site was painful for about 10 days and then itchy for another two or so. My incisions are also healing well. I went back to work on Monday and bent down to pick something up from under my desk and I think I pulled something in my belly area. Still pretty sore today but ice and heat helped a bunch. Lesson learned to take it easy!!
Courage doesn't always roar.  Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow.  ~Mary Anne Radmacher

butterfly2969
on 7/4/12 11:50 pm
I also am still a little sore around my incision sites, but no issues with IV. Hope that is ok.  I just had my 2 week follow up on Monday, and my BP was low so dr told me to quit my fluid pill and get a BP monitor. Since then my BP has been as low as 96/43, I called dr today and he just told me to call my regular dr. My dr said get in here.
happyteacher
on 7/5/12 12:56 am
 Glad to read you are feeling ok and I hope the iv site issue clears up quickly for you.  Congrats on the loss :0)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views