My first NSV!

NewMe2Be72
on 7/7/12 5:01 am, edited 7/7/12 5:04 am - CO
Hello everyone... so this morning... I weighed myself.. and sulked because #1 I didnt lose anything in 2 days and #2 There are others here that have lost almost double what I have since surgery... After I sulked and told myself that this MY personal journey.. unique to only me... and try not to compare myself to them.. (which is so hard..) So, I pulled up my big girl panties and my husband, son and I went to yard sales.. we stopped at a mini flea market at our Bomgaars... I dreaded getting out of my van.. knew for sure that I would only last one or two tables of looking and would have to come back and sit in my van like I always do due to my back hurting... but NOPE! I walked all of them.. for at least 20 minutes!! I had a little pain in my one calf that I sometimes get, but it was tolerable.  I almost cried when we were done... my back pain has kept me a 'prisoner' for so long unable to do anything with my family.  So.. from my disappointment this morning to my wonderful NSV... I am so happy today!

edited to add:  My main weigh in days are mondays... my ticker shows down 5 lbs since surgery.. but, I am down about 12 lbs
kcquilter
on 7/7/12 5:05 am
Congrats on your NSV. You are so right this is your unique journey, enjoy it.
lucy2e
on 7/7/12 5:14 am - Laurel, MD
Double congrats! 1 for realizing it's your journey and comparing yourself to others is an exercise in futility and 2 for getting out there and being a fully involved part of your family!  Keep rockin your sleeve!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Missey J.
on 7/7/12 5:15 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with
Big Congrats !

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
Italian-Princess
on 7/7/12 5:28 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Good for you!  Enjoy each NSV -- they are the cherries on top of our shakes!  (I almost said our sundaes, but we don't do those anymore!)  Very happy for you!
Kelly-AnneH
on 7/7/12 5:50 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
That's a fantastic NSV! Congratulations!
After all, although we all want to look better, isn't the real reason we go through this because we' re heartily sick and tired of being sick and tired? We want to be smaller and be able to buy cute clothes and all, but underlying that is a desire to FEEL better - to have less pain, to need less drugs, to be able to get out there and actually live our lives instead of being stuck at home.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

NewMe2Be72
on 7/7/12 6:04 am - CO
Thanks everyone! So exciting for me... I know this is just the beginning.. but, so exciting!

Kelly- AnneH, that is so true!! you nailed it right there!!!
TopFlight
on 7/7/12 6:09 am - SC
I am 8 weeks out and three times now I have gone more than a week without losing a pound and on somedays I actually gained a pound or two on the scale. But then suddenly I lose 5-10lbs. My body likes to plateau, then lose, then plateau, then lose. Before today I was stuck at 250 for about a week and this morning I weighed 248 and I am now down a total of 62 lbs. I know that everyone is different and everyone will lose the weight in their own time.

Dont get discouraged, the weight will come off. The scale can be deceptive.

wacky
on 7/7/12 6:18 am - OR
VSG on 08/28/12
Congrats on walking and moving so much without the horrible back pain.  Keep it up!!!
Thur God all things are possible.                
louisamay
on 7/7/12 8:32 am
VSG on 04/27/12
You may not feel like you've lost much, but your body is telling you different!  Congrats!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 57 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 230 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 305 views