Pre Op Diet

shaymo
on 7/6/12 7:40 am - CA
Hello .... My name is Lisa..... ? for you all. What did you eat and drink? I was told high protien and no more than 800 cals Pre OP. Finding it hard to do. I bought the Atkins skakes but I am starving and after breakfast and luch shakes there is 480 cals left. Did you do a regular dinner that was below 480? Or another shake? I feel lost. TIA :) My suregery is on July 17th :) This is my 1st post :) 
Missey J.
on 7/6/12 7:50 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with
All i know is when I start my pre-op its total liquid. I would call your doctor's office and speak with your NUT and ask them. And welcome to OH !

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
shaymo
on 7/6/12 7:56 am - CA
I re read my directions and its says any high protien diet solid or liquid. 800 cals per day & 70 grams of protein.
shayla4u
on 7/6/12 10:33 am - Benicia, CA
My surgery is next Thursday, 7/12 and I am eating regular until next Tuesday.  I have been on a strict diet from Kaiser Hospital since March of no sugar and very low carbs and have lost 35 lbs pre-op.  They suggest just eating light until 6 pm the night before and then nothing, so you shouldn't have to be hungry now.  Also, they do not recommend high protein shakes in their diet...only healthy food.  Best of luck on your surgery.

dpflorida
on 7/6/12 10:44 am - FL
VSG on 07/12/12
 :HI, Surgery date 7/12 here!
I ordered a sample pack of syntrax powders and the OH Yeah! Shakes at Bariatricpantry.com
They shipped fast but you could use them afterwards. I like them and the GNc Lean shake best so far. The OH Yeah! Have32 grams of protein and only 6 carbs! Great taste! I aslo made sugar free jello using knox gelatin, unsweetened koolaid, stevia and some isopure clear(my own addition). If you google aspartame free sugar free jello the recipe comes up.I can give you the exact recipe if you need it. I made cherry and grape so far and it has saved my hunger pangs. I find that broth and herbal decaf tea in between shakes are very soothing and a nice change from the overly sweet taste of the shakes.
All the best to you. 
Denise

shayla4u
on 7/6/12 1:26 pm - Benicia, CA
 Thank you for the great suggestions.  I think I am going to use some protein powders duing my puree stage because the thought of pureed beef or tuna make me kind of sick now LOL!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views