surgery bruising and a knot or bruise...

Christine45
on 7/9/12 4:36 am
I have my scars up top but at the bottom near my hip area I have extensive bruising that is still there almsot 3 weeks now and on my one side there is a knot or bruise under the skin that is still there.  Has anyone else had this?  Is this something that I should be worried about or is it normal?

kg34
on 7/9/12 4:49 am - AL
I didn't have the bruising, but have had a knot under my largest incision until recently.  I can still feel it if I push hard enough, but it isn't near the surface anymore.  It doesn't hurt so I figured it was scar tissue or swelling.

HW 243  5'5"       Pre-op - 207,  Surgery Weight 197 - 12/19/11
bethy-boo
on 7/9/12 5:02 am - Smithville, Canada
Hi!

I am almost 4 weeks out. I have huge bruises on my lower abdomen, but they are from blood thinner shots that I recieved at the hospital. Is it possible this is what your bruising is from? Mine are still very dark and very large, but the areas around my incisions look great. I also have small knots or hard spots in the bruised areas and I think they are from where the injections went in.  I think it will take a long time for these bruises to fade. I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if you are concerned you can always ask your doctor or surgeon. Hope this helps!
Christine45
on 7/9/12 5:05 am
Thanks, mine sounds very similar to yours.  My scars are healing well and where I gave myself blood thinning shots is good and this one bruise isn't around a scar or anything...it just seems like it is in a weird spot.

jwin
on 7/9/12 5:18 am
VSG on 06/26/12
I am two weeks post op and I also have knots under the incisions.  One about 1.5 inch on the right side is really big and it still hurts, although it has been improving.  I am just now able to sleep on my right side and I am hoping it's only swelling and not scar tissue.  Then it should resolve over time.  My guess is that is where the Dr pull the stomach through.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 149 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 423 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 442 views