Five Months Out

AzureAurora
on 7/9/12 8:08 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

Wow five months already. Time flies. No big new this months I am only down six pounds but a loss is a loss. I now weigh less than I did five years ago and the cloths I saved from that time period are getting too big on me.

The slow weight loss could be me plateauing a little. However,  I also saw my GP last month and he was really concerned about my 700 calorie a day intake and was pleased with my progress to that point. He asked me to increase my calories which I did to 800 calories. So perhaps that is a contributing factor. He is concerned that once I quit my job (3 more weeks)  and start travelling, hiking and excercising daily that my weight will plummet in a foreign country and I may get sick.... Valid concern but I still feel lilke I have a long way to go.

Plus side
1) I am off of my high blood pressure medicine
2) Down 81 in total since January 10/12.
3) Fitting into Addition-Elle 1x-2x tops and size 16 pants which are getting baggy
4) Three more weeks of work.... then I am out of here.  Yukon, Grande Canyon, UT AZ NV, Peru and Mexico here I come

Have a spectacular day everyone. It is sweltering in Edmonton at 30c or 36F. The hottest days of the year which we only get about six days of... If it gets over that we will be breaking records in Canada :p I know some of you have really been suffering down there. Hope you are all coping well.

Julie

Highest 310 Start W 299 Surgery W 279 Current Weight 166.5 lbs      

Taras2012
on 7/9/12 8:22 am
Wow, so many exciting accomplishments!!
tall_not_venti
on 7/9/12 8:58 am
VSG on 02/23/12
You are doing great. Will you be keeping us updated on your adventures?
moonglo82
on 7/9/12 9:10 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Great job, friend! I hope I have done as well as you two months from now

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

time4me2now
on 7/9/12 9:15 am
VSG on 05/24/12
Good luck to you!  I did a similar trip last year.  Do not miss Dead Horse Point (state park), UT.  It is awesome.

HW 266  SW 243  CW 161  

Big2Tall
on 7/9/12 11:34 am
I'm sure things will work out fine on your travels. Just remember to keep up the agua intake! 

Have a blast!
diane S.
on 7/9/12 11:55 am
have a great time on your travels. my gp thinks i am too thin but my weight loss surgeon thinks i am fine. i go with the surgeon.   so i think you will be fine on your trip. make sure you keep the protein up there. increasing protein can accelerate weight loss. (did for me).  and on your trip get plenty of fluid. hot in some of those places.

enjoy and keep us posted.

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

blueeyedgal
on 7/9/12 3:28 pm - AL
VSG on 02/03/12

Congratulations on a job well done! 

blueeyedgal    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 381 views