Finding my voice

Angeldlynn48
on 7/10/12 12:43 pm
Hey there.

I don't post often mainly because I needed to find my voice and a few moments ago I realized I had. I have been much more vocal about what is acceptable in my life and I have have noticed it but a few moments ago it really hit me hard. I am no longer stuffing down my voice, strangling my feelings with food. Well...that is not 100% true. I still turn to food when I am dealing with a few issues but not like before.

I am speaking my truth. I am using my voice and not allowing it to be extinguished by a carbohydrate. I am not obnoxious about it. I am still the same caring, polite, professional, loving person I was 200 pounds ago I just don't put up with the crap anymore.

When thi**** me tonight it was so proud and amazed at myself as well as scared to death. After 41 years, a voice. It is truly a gift and I finally believe I am a strong person who DESERVES to be treated like part of the human race.

I hope someone out there understands this.

Hugs to you.
Erin

Avatar picture is me close to 426.2 so I will never forget!!!         
acbbrown
on 7/10/12 12:57 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Absolutely! I am glad to see you posting - you have a lot to teach us with your success. It's almost a whole new world when you finally get to the point where you allow yourself to feel and experience all of those feelings for what they are - and not try and drown them out. I am soo happy that you have reached this point - it's an amazing victory :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

SFChorus
on 7/10/12 1:02 pm - CA
 Erin what an awesome post!  What an awesome voice you have!  I am in the process of discoving mine too, but it's taking me a while.  thank you for telling us about your success!  It gives me hope that one day I'll get there too.

Fiona

Sleeved 12/15/11, 5'1", HW 185, SW 164, CW102

goingforit1
on 7/10/12 1:40 pm
VSG on 02/04/12 with
I think that might happen with many of us. We gain a little self-esteem and confidence back (or for the first time ever for many!) and we feel we deserve to be HEARD. I know I want to be heard and valued more now than I ever have because I feel more worthy of it now. Sad, because we deserved it while we were heavy too!
GOOD FOR YOU!
new.me.2012
on 7/10/12 1:57 pm - CA
VSG on 06/27/12
 Amen girls! I am in the same boat and can feel my weak voice slowly getting stronger. We are worth it! 
Knit1
on 7/10/12 2:03 pm - WA
Hallelujah!!!

Hugs all around...
Janet
In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet. Erma Bombeck  

Surgery Date: 5/10/12       Ht: 5'2"       Age: 55
(deactivated member)
on 7/10/12 2:20 pm
Erin, I think you just wrote the most moving post I have ever read!  I am so incredibly happy for you and you are right, this surgery helps us lose the weight, but what we find is breathtaking.  You are breathtaking!  Congratulations on finding your voice.
diane S.
on 7/10/12 2:39 pm
Good for you. wls is so life changing in so many ways. so glad you feel this way. so many of us lived our lives in the shadows when we were obese. Losing the weight can be so empowering and I am so glad you feel this way. great post.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

sledge
on 7/10/12 2:42 pm
 I have tears falling as I write this.   Thank you.    You give me such hope.   I can't wait to be where you are right now--strong voice.
ParisGirl
on 7/10/12 9:54 pm
VSG on 04/25/13
This post is amazing! Thank you for sharing something so personal. I'm Pre-op, but what you've expressed is one of my goals. It's a frequent topic in my therapy sessions. I wish you continued success and many "I rock" moments.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 447 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 467 views