One month ago today (long)

MeeMiss75
on 7/12/12 5:34 am - Katy, TX
VSG on 06/12/12
On June 12, 2012, I finally stopped imagining myself as the person I always wanted to be and finally took the step to become her. For years I agonized over the decision to have weight loss surgery, and looked for every reason I could find to justify not getting it done. Ultimately, it took the encouragement of a dear friend to help me actualize my dream, and I haven't looked back.

No one said this would be easy. There have been expected side effects (gas) and some unexpected (acne?!). There are days when I wish for one more unrestricted meal...one more chance to be "normal"; but being normal shot me up to 379 pounds at my highest, and when I remind myself of that I embrace my "new normal" and move on!

It's hard to believe that I've already lost 32 pounds. I've even begun to wean myself from the daily weigh in because I have the confidence now to know that as long as I am doing the right thing, the weight will take care of itself. Thank you OH friends for your daily posts! I have learned so much from each of you, and I can't wait to see what lies ahead for us all. I ran across a bookmark the other day that I've had for years. It says, "It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Truer words have never been spoken.

Have a great day everyone! Be well!

Sleeva
on 7/12/12 5:44 am - GA
VSG on 07/19/12
Great post....thanks
   ROMANS 12:1 
   I beseech you therefore brethern, by the mercies of God,that you present your bodies a  living sacrifice,holy and acceptable to God which is your reasonable service.

Faye56
on 7/12/12 5:46 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Congrats on your 31 lb loss. In one month that is an awesome loss!
Before you know it you will be a year out like me. Time has flown by and I am also so very glad that I had the surgery.
Best of luck !

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

(deactivated member)
on 7/12/12 5:51 am
Congratulations, and I love the quote!
Wiasbeck
on 7/12/12 6:23 am - NV
Great post. Congrats on your weight loss and doing so well your first month. It's exciting how much life changes.
Pre-op -7.8, M1 -21.4, M2 -18.4, M3 -?

m      
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 148 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 439 views