gaining on mushies?

Catmama
on 7/14/12 3:32 am - NV
Alright....my doc said I could start mushy foods on Thursday and I was soooo happy to be able to chew again.  I had a 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, some protein shakes and then about a 1/2 cup of diced chicken with a little mayo.  Then yesterday I had 1/2 cup of greek yogurt with cinnamon and about 4oz of salmon and a lite babybell cheese.  I supplemented this with protein shakes to get enough protein in.  I don't see where I ate a whole lot, but I'm up over half a pound!  What did I do wrong? 

This morning I made a fried egg with a little sprinkle of colby cheese and a tsp of mild salsa.  I'm worried that this was too much.  Please let me know if I'm pigging out, or if I'm just a headcase!

USAF Wife
on 7/14/12 3:35 am
Your body is going to go up and down. Water weight is evil. Push fluids, and stay within your prescribed dietary guideline. Track your intake.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Catmama
on 7/14/12 3:55 am - NV
Thanks for the support!  I've been going nuts trying to figure this out.  You are right that I probably didn't get enough water in.  I've been running a lot of errands these past few days and I most likely didn't drink enough. 

PrettyEyes_41
on 7/14/12 3:40 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12
I'm still only eating about 2-3oz at a time right now only a couple of times a day. Not able to get much more than that in yet but I'm only 4 1/2 wks out. But still it's about healing at this stage not weight loss or gain. Just take it easy, it'll be 6-8 weeks before your tummy is fully recovered. The gain could just be water weight because your body could be stalling or in starvation mode and not burning enough calories. I wouldn't worry about a half a pound at this time. I've stepped away from the scale and only weigh myself once a week and feel much more satisfied that way.

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

Catmama
on 7/14/12 3:59 am - NV
You're right, I need to step away from the scale!  I'll have to up my water and take it easy without worrying so much.  I just don't want all of the time and effort I've put into this to be for nothing.

rhearob
on 7/14/12 4:42 am - TN
 Are you logging what you eat?  Do you know what your total calorie intake was?  What about what you burned in exercise?

Its probably jus****er weight.  32 ounces weighs 2lbs.  But it does sound like you could make better choices.  Instead of Colby cheese, did you look for a light cheese?  Instead of mayo could you have used Greek yogurt?  

Tracking will help you make better choices.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Catmama
on 7/14/12 10:26 am - NV
Thanks RheaRob!  I appreciate the tips.  I didn't think anything about the Colby cheese.  I could have shredded my lite babybel cheese and put it on the egg instead of the full fat version.  I'm smacking myself in the head about the greek yogurt!  I had just been to Costco and bought a big tub of it.  I am logging what I eat and drink in my computer for now.  I came home today with a nifty new digital scale that I'm going to try out in a few minutes.  Thanks again for helping a Newbie get through things!!

hacnmac
on 7/14/12 5:36 am - TN
I use myfitnesspal.com.  Love it!!!!! Takes all the guessing out of it.....H
Heather                 
Catmama
on 7/14/12 10:27 am - NV
Is my fitnesspal a special device, or just a computer program that you can log into?  Do I have to purchase any special device?  I'm interested in something that will make this journey more accountable.

Thanks for the input!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views