NSV

bablot33
on 7/19/12 1:04 am - NY
Last night around midnight my husband woke me up to ask if I was ok. I thought something bad had happen...me decking him in my sleep...cursing...pushing him off the bed..one of our boys being sick; but noo...he wanted to know if I was ok.

I said what the hell...you woke me up to ask if I was ok? He said yes..cause you are not SNORING anymore .  I had to make him repeat himself; he said that for the pass 3 nights he has noticed but he wanted to make sure it was not a fluke (wanted to slap him) but then he went on to explain that I am no longer getting up 5 times at night and no more tossing and turning, snoring etc.. These were all good things to hear so he didn't get slapped, he got a hug and a kiss instead.

Before surgery my doc was planning to order me the full sleep apnea re-gala, then when my surgery got approved he decided to wait and see if my sleep apnea will go away and it has!!!!!! . No more high blood pressure, high cholesterol or sleep apnea; now I just have to get rid of the knee pains. I am on my way to a happier healthier me!

JAlston
on 7/19/12 1:21 am
VSG on 12/07/12

That is great news! My husband sometimes records me on his phone, he thinks it's funny. He says I snore when I sleep on my back. However, when he puts the light of his camera phone on it wakes me up...he has gotten decked a couple times...and again while playing back the recording.

I am going for a sleep apnea test next weekend since my PCP recommended it. I think my surgeon my require I do it before surgery so I figured I'd get it done before she asks me to.

Glad your headed to a new healthy you...and a quieter sleeper! LOL 

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

bablot33
on 7/19/12 2:58 am - NY
Thanks Jessica! My teenager is the one who usually records me...he has gotten slapped a few times. He would play it over the speakers when he wants to scare my 4 year old who would cry because he thinks there is a monster in his brothers' room (keeps him out his brothers' room/stuff) so I guess it served a purpose

Desari63
on 7/19/12 1:31 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
Well I'd have decked him because you know what the say about make up se...well you get it...LOL!

Congrats on the non-snoring gig and a happier and more sounding sleep...I'm sure he appreciates it too if you snored like I used to...sounded like a freight train coming through house. Even woke up the dogs a few times.... As for the knee pain..once you weight drops you most likely see a improvement in your joints as they won't hurt or ache as much if not at all anymore.

Barbara McKeown

bablot33
on 7/19/12 3:04 am - NY
Thanks Desari63! Even though I didn't deck him we still did "u know what". Make u*****t it is so much better now that I have lost some of the weight...can only imagine what it will be like after I have lost more . I really hope my knee pain improve with the weight loss..I have to ice them before going to bed every night, especially since I started walking every day.

Desari63
on 7/19/12 4:49 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12
This is what I used to take prior to having surgery...glucosamine chondroitin..for my back and hips. Took 1 pill BID and boy..it does wonders for the pain in the morning. Took about 2 days for it to really kick in but once it did and I kept on taking it every day I never had a bit of trouble with it.

Ck with your doctor first and see what he says but I think it should be okay to take now after surgery...
bablot33
on 7/19/12 10:26 pm - NY
Thanks Desari63, I will check with my doctor to see if I can take it.  Keep rocking that sleeve!

KatieOkieDokie
on 7/19/12 2:01 am - OH
That is awesome!! Congrats to a happy and healthier you!
bablot33
on 7/19/12 3:29 am - NY
Thank you KatieOkieDokie!

Pkrplyr777
on 7/19/12 2:30 am - CT
I'm with Desire...if you're going to wake me up in the middle of the night... at least make it worth my while...well you get it.

anyway congrats!
My knees were terrible before surgery and now not at all. I run 5 miles at least 5 times a week with nary a twinge.

donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 400 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 427 views