Unexpected NSV

olderbutwiser
on 7/21/12 2:33 am
 I had to go to Bath and Body Works to pick up something for my friend or this would have NEVER happened.  So I leave the store and think -- I haven't bought ANY new clothes and tomorrow is 7 months.  So I walk 2 stores down and walk in to Lane Bryant and tell the sales clerk I want to try on some shorts and jeans.  She says and I quote: "Is there a reason you came in here instead of going down to Dress Barn?"  I looked at her and probably turned colors and then told her and she said we have smaller sizes here....SMALLER SIZES!!!  but it will cost you more.  OMG!!  SERIOUSLY!!  Got 3 pairs of shorts on sale -- all with snaps AND zippers and NO STRETCH material AT ALL.  

Crunchy As Can Be
on 7/21/12 2:38 am - NY
Woot!
 ~~Emily~~

Phatchick
on 7/21/12 2:39 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
If it had been me, I would have cried. Best NSV I've heard to date! Best, Sharon

wls2011
on 7/21/12 3:35 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 Awesome! I remember when I was too thin for Lane Bryant, it was a weird feeling after years of shopping plus sizes.

Sometimes, I still feel weird going into the "teeny size" clothing shops in the mall, the ones I would have felt out of place in being a plus size woman.

But you will eventually find that there are way too many choices for us when we don't need plus sizes, so many stores, and so many items of clothing.... and I get overwhelmed now, because if I bought everything that fit, I'd be broke. LOL...

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

theshrinkingmimi
on 7/21/12 5:30 am, edited 7/21/12 5:31 am

Great one. I like surprise NSVs.

I had that a couple of months ago. I went to Dillard's looking for a party outfit. The sales lady directed me to the dressing room and said, "excuse me, let me go get you a large". I only had extra large with me. I tried on the large first and it fit perfectly. I told her that I had no idea. She said that she knew that I wasn't an extra large. It was right up there with accidently finding out that I could cross my legs.

A surprise like that makes your day.

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Knit1
on 7/21/12 9:06 am - WA
Fantastic! What a great day! :)
In two decades I've lost a total of 789 pounds. I should be hanging from a charm bracelet. Erma Bombeck  

Surgery Date: 5/10/12       Ht: 5'2"       Age: 55
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 277 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views