I need encouragement, please...

angieg0410
on 7/24/12 4:54 am - OK
I am 15 weeks out today..  I have been stalled for the past 4-5 weeks.  I have lost 70 lbs (YAY!), but still have at least 60 more to go.  Please tell me I am not done.. I am getting so frustrated!!

During this time, I have been diagnosed with Adult Onset Type 1 Diabetes and am having to do insulin shots (which I am guessing isn't helping my weight loss efforts at all). 

Is it "normal" to have a stall last that long?  Please help - I am doing everything "right" - eating 700-800 calories per day, exercising, getting all my protein, etc..

Angie

~Angie~

Starting weight: 267
Goal weight: 140

Daisy_Rose
on 7/24/12 5:00 am
 Stalls suck... no other way to say it.  Given the onset of your Diabetes, will have an effect on your journey.  However, stalls are normal.

That said, my first stall lasted 4 weeks and I was SO depressed.  But I stuck with it, stayed the course and quit weighing myself.  When I put on a pair of shorts and they about fell off, I checked my weight again, and sure enough my stall had stopped.

lesson learned:  your body needs to stall to recover, to pause and catch up or to catch its breath.  So stay the course... stick to your plan and it will be losing time again!

Best to you!  You are doing great. 

Shagdoll
on 7/24/12 5:00 am
Hi Angie,
I feel your frustrations with the long stalls. They happen to most of us at one time or another. How many carb grams are you taking in a day? This may be especially important now that you are diabetic. Are you drinking plenty of water at least 8 cups a day?
You've shown amazing progress already. I know you are not done losing. Maybe your diet needs to be tweaked a little.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

tscasto
on 7/24/12 5:03 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
i will say i think your loss rate has been amazing! that's an average of 6.37lbs per week for your first 11 weeks!   i haven't had a stall this long however when i stall, i measure to see what i've lost in inches. I t always seems like this is when i change shape.  Also this is when i  review what my exercise routine has been & what types of foods i'm eating. This is also a good time to change things up, at least in my experience.

best of luck! It'll all work out
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
angieg0410
on 7/24/12 5:03 am - OK
I am keeping my carbs to under 40 per day.  Water is a trouble spot for me, but I am working on that. 

~Angie~

thinwithinme
on 7/24/12 5:07 am
 First - a HUGE congrats for the weight loss so far!!!  well done.  

Second, i can fully appreciate how frustrating stalls are...  Heaven knows i've had my share.... and still struggle with it.

I found for me, water was the key.  If it's hot or i'm eating food with salt and not getting enough water - i don't lose weight.  Try increasing your water and see if that helps.

Finally, call your nutritionist.  with your diagnosis change, he or she may have to adjust your diet so it works for your body.

Good luck!!

"Success is not Final.  Failure is not Fatal."

H. Wt: 350  Goal Wt: 155  Lifetime Range:  155 - 160              

angieg0410
on 7/24/12 5:11 am - OK
Thanks guys.  I am just so scared I am done losing.. :(

~Angie~

Wiasbeck
on 7/24/12 5:39 am - NV
I've noticed that many people have a long stall right before or right after getting into the 100s. I'm sure your body Just needed a rest with all the changes. Both fast weight loss and type 1 diebities will take a toll. I would take a break from the scale and make sure to celebrate every NSV you have. Just stick to your plan and the weight will follow soon enough.
Pre-op -7.8, M1 -21.4, M2 -18.4, M3 -?

m      
Happy966
on 7/24/12 6:26 am

You are doing really well.  I was "only" down 56 pounds at 15 weeks, and that included 10 pounds pre-op.  You are not done!  I am 10 months out  (47) weeks and I am still losing.  Don't panic!  Stay the course!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

wufnu
on 7/24/12 6:29 am - Kingston, TN
VSG on 07/03/12
 It happens.  I've dealt with probably a dozen in my lifetime, pre-op.  Lots of causes, too.  Number one, pretend you're a fish and drink more water.  Are you doing any exercises?  The body will not add muscle while you're losing weight.  When I would hit a stall before, after the stall ended I was stronger and better ;)  Also, when the body is healing or adjusting (say to a new diet or chemical levels) it tends to go haywire.  800 calories per day with exercise and protein at just below 200lbs?  Just stick with it, it will start again. It HAS to.  If it doesn't, scientists will want to study you because you are the most energy efficient machine in the world :P

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 290 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 342 views