Hungry for...

ajsnbjs
on 7/29/12 4:49 am - IA
VSG on 06/14/12
 Man I am hungry for soft choc chip cookies! Any good recipe that is good and ok for us to eat? 

Also, anyone get tired of eating the same foods over and over? I'm ready for something  new! I'm at soft food stage for another two weeks. 

kcquilter
on 7/29/12 5:02 am
Sorry I don't have a recipe for chocolate chip cookies but I would suggest going to the web site www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com & maybe you could find something close. I'm going to try her chocolate waffles tonight.

I also had Dr laMaster for surgery in Nov. isn't she great? Where in IA do you live, I'm in Clear Lake. Do you go to the support group? I'm planning on going this Saturday.

Bobbie
ajsnbjs
on 7/29/12 5:29 am - IA
VSG on 06/14/12
 I'm in Des Moines. I used to vacation in Clear Lake every summer! Oh how I miss it! 
Not sure yet about support group. Mental health isn't really a topic I think I'm needing right now. 

Ill have to check out the recipes. Been craving for two weeks now! :-(

tripmom02
on 7/29/12 6:02 am - NJ
 If you are trying to figure out how to get chocolate chip cookies into your diet this early out, I would have to disagree with the whole not needing the mental health aspect of the support group. 

They operated on your stomach, but your brain is going to need a whole bunch of tools in order to get those cravings under control. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

ajsnbjs
on 7/29/12 6:16 am - IA
VSG on 06/14/12
 Your right. I guess I shouldn't have said it that way. It's just that I've been to the support group that dealt with this topic before.I'd rather go to one on a topic I haven't been to before. 

As far as cravings I think I've handled it well. Before surgery I would have just dug into cookie dough to satisfy my craving. I haven't gone near cookies now. I think I'm just needing a new food to get a different taste. Tired of cheese, meats and jello ect...
tillmadd
on 7/29/12 6:25 am - WI
 I just made some SF/FF chocolate pudding w/ 2 scoops of powder protein 52 grams...still waiting for it to thicken ..but should satisfy my sweet tooth.
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

tscasto
on 7/30/12 1:55 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
Our soft food diet is anything you can easily cut with your fork or spoon. Avoid like chicken breasts. But that means any cooked veggies, ground meats, etc.   I started having turkey burgers w/ a slice of cheese on top. salad, like chicken salad, tuna salad, egg salad.  stir fry veggies w/ low sodium soy sauce.  grilled veggies, like red peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, squash, etc.

as far as cravings, yes first & foremost, I believe it's a mental thing. Ask yourself when the cravings specifically come up what you're feeling. I was a total emotional eater & any emotion would do...lol! Now I find it's mainly 1 emotion that triggers that feeling to eat.  If you truly truly can't find any reason other than craving it, (pretty doubtful though if you're honest with yourself) then I have sort of given in to my cravings. What I mean is if I craved choc. chip cookies, I will have 1 piece of 70% dark chocolate. It totally takes care of the craving & dark chocolate much better for you than any other.

I used food as a comfort tool & I had certain foods for different purposes. I was a drinker when I got angry, salty when I was anxious (crunchy & salty), soft & sweet when I was sad (cookies, cake, pie, etc), a binger when I was lonely.  This took time & work with my therapist to see this.  There's nothing wrong with seeing someone, however they can't help you unless you want to help yourself.  I suggest taking a good look at why you're craving things & what type of eater you were. See where that takes you.

I wish you the absolute best! (((((hugs))))) as I know this is rough spot to be in!!
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
ajsnbjs
on 7/30/12 6:26 am - IA
VSG on 06/14/12
Your right Tenile. Like you I was an emotional eater. Weekends are the hardest for me now. Hubby just likes to snack instead of having me make a meal. Luckily I am doing pretty good at staying on track.

I hate to say it but I'm looking forward to going back to work next month. More of a schedule for me. Anxious to get it started so I can keep track better and so I keep busy more.

I think just hearing people talk about certain foods just makes me think about them. I worry I won't be able to ever eat them anymore. I know that its not true most of the time.

I know I can do it. I guess my next appt is in one week so should be able to move on after that I think. I got me a watermelon so that should help with the sweetness I must be needing! :)

Thanks
tscasto
on 7/30/12 10:19 pm - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
Watermelon....yummy!! Yeah that was a lifesaver for sweetness when i was at your stage. I totally forgot about that!

Don't tell yourself you can't ever eat something again. For me at least when I did that I wanted it more. It became the forbidden fruit...lol   I now say, I can have that, but do I want that? What will it feed my body with? Remember we only have room for so much.....  every bite needs to count for something good to refuel our system, proteins for our muscles, vitamins & minerals for system upkeep, healthy fats for the brain. I did this to be healthier & live longer & when I ask myself that I find that the carb packed, sugar filled, over processed  & preservative filled foods don't seem so great anymore. 

I think you're doing great! Just keep it up & remember, you chose this & this is all about you girl!! 
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
morgans
on 7/30/12 6:46 am
VSG on 06/18/12
Try a scoop of chocolate protein powder (I recommend Unjury Chocolate Splendor) blended well in 4-6 oz of 0% fat Greek yogurt, then stick in the freezer for a while. It may satisfy your craving for chocolate.

I blended up some vegetarian chilli for a taste break and it was not bad. Ended up kind of being like a thick chilli soup. :)

Let go of the chocolate chips. Not saying you'll never have them again, but today you don't need them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 129 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 382 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 417 views