Dry Mouth

J. cerullo
on 7/28/12 9:27 am - RI
Hello i'm post op 4 days. My mouth is so dry. Is there anything I can suck on. Tic tac, lollipop...Can't take it

CajunCuz
on 7/28/12 9:31 am - VA
I had dry mouth post op on the first 24 hours...  it drove me crazy.  Have a swabwith water to cover your gums and mouth.  Rinse your mouth with water as often as you need it.  It will get better.  How are you doing with your liquids?
HW 349 lbs., SW 304 lbs.(Sleeved 07/10/2012), CW 297 lbs, GW 160 lbs.        
J. cerullo
on 7/28/12 9:45 am - RI
I'm doing ok. I feel like im not on much a schedule with the drinking

Kelly-AnneH
on 7/28/12 9:35 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Sf Popsicles, sip on water, crystal light, tea, broth or watered down juice. Your first priority is fluids, so your dry mouth should encourage the constant sipping you should be doing anyway.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

loverofcats
on 7/28/12 9:37 am
 Ice chips are also helpful and will help you to get some fluids into you.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

J. cerullo
on 7/28/12 9:44 am - RI
I made a protein shack with water and blended some fruit ****tail in it. Do u think thats bad?

Kelly-AnneH
on 7/28/12 9:54 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Honestly? I think you're heading for the slippery slope. Your surgeon gave you a progressive diet to follow for a reason. If you're asking our opinion of what you're eating I bet it isn't on the list he gave you.

Fruit ****tail really has no nutritional value, so you're just adding empty calories to that shake - and it probably doesn't even add flavour to the shake. Heck, I was only allowed *clear* clear fluids at 4 days out - not even protein powders mixed with water until day 6.

What is on your surgeon's plan for you at this point?

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

loverofcats
on 7/28/12 9:55 am
 This early out, yes. Fruit ****tail is generally full of sugar. Your sleeve is so new, that you may not be able to tolerate it. Fruit is generally introduced later on. You may need to check with your surgeon's office. Were you given a plan for drinking?
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

J. cerullo
on 7/28/12 9:59 am - RI
Puree, protein and water. Throughout the whole day

Lexi2012
on 7/28/12 9:59 am
VSG on 06/13/12
 I'm 6weeks post op and I know what you're going through.  The best advise anyone of us can tell is, is sip sip sip.... sip your water...it helps....stick to your surgeons diet plan (which by the way I am positive is clear fluids for you)

This will pass, remember this surgery is about relearning how to eat, it's a tool and not a magic pill.  use your tool

Are you taking in enough water....sip sip sip
Lexi         
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views