Boo GNC

Kabooboo
on 7/30/12 8:13 am
     I just have to share my experience with GNC.  I bought about 8 Isopure protein drinks before my surgery to drink during the clear liquids phase post-op. Of course, I tried one sip of one and it was just awful. I never even wanted to try any of the other flavors.
     I tried to return them today with a receipt. They only allow returns on GNC brand products, not other brands I was told.  I was an assertive customer and explained that I have lots of choices of where to buy my protein drinks. I even said I would be okay with store credit. I was told I could get $1.44 per drink for store credit, on drinks that cost over $5 each.  I decided I would just take them back rather than be treated like that.  They truly didn't seem at all interested in pleasing me as a customer. The clerks didn't even seem to feel at all bad about the policy.
     I had just returned some extra remodeling supplies to Home Depot and Menards and was in and out in like 2 minutes. The difference in attitude towards me as a customer was so noticeable.
    So, I feel like that was my last time as a GNC customer.  I do have some Isopure I would be willing to sell at a greatly reduced price, so if anyone in the Twin Cities area of MN is interested just let me know.
     I'm going to order from mybariatricpantry.com tonight!  

MizzEvil
on 7/30/12 9:18 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12

I bought Isopure for post-op as well and couldn't stand them. I took them back, including the one I opened with receipt. They refunded me every penny and never said anything about ONLY GNC products.

jacreasy
on 7/30/12 9:26 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 Try another store if you get someone "Dumb" you might get your money back lol Its happened to me before...

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

tripmom02
on 7/30/12 9:29 am - NJ
Go to their website and contact the company, they are individually owned but I believe they have standard rules to follow, and it is my understanding that they will take stuff back (no matter what it is) if you have a receipt. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

moonglo82
on 7/30/12 10:49 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I agree with Courtney. Contact the company on the corporate level... franchise companies still have rules that they have to follow in order to be a part of a company. There may be something the corporate office can do to take care of you.

Good luck!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

hwag5149
on 7/30/12 10:52 am
Every GNC I've heard of accepts open products as returns for store credit and they don't have to be store brand...

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

andersmama
on 7/30/12 10:59 am
I returned an opened container at the GNC here.....nooo problemo!

considering2012
on 7/30/12 1:34 pm
OP, sounds like you got some lazy workers. I've had workers act like they don't take refunds just because they didn't want to go through the refund process. I've never had a problem with returns at GNC.
Kabooboo
on 7/30/12 9:53 pm
Thanks for the advice everyone. I am going to try a different GNC and see if the experience is different.

MuttLover
on 7/30/12 10:22 pm
VSG on 11/14/12
I bought a few things at GNC (none were GNC brand) that if I didn't like them, just bring them back. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 408 views