POST UP VOMITTING

Marena G.
on 7/31/12 1:14 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

Is it okay to vomit two weeks post op.  I am at work and my stomach is turning in circles after I drank my shake.  I don't think Im going to be able to keep it down much longer.  Will something bad happen if I throw up? 

morgans
on 7/31/12 1:21 am
VSG on 06/18/12
If you must hurl, hurl in this... (hands you paper cup)

Sorry - injecting a little humor there.

I had to vomit within my first two weeks because my happy pill got stuck and it was unbearable. I actually made msyelf puke. Hurt like a ***** If you can throw up without engaging your abdomen to the max you'll probably be okay.

Just make sure you rest your stomach with a little room temperature water and hold off on anything else until you're sure things have calmed down.

Marena G.
on 7/31/12 1:25 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12
on my way...cross your fingers for me......lol .....Thanks
Pobearsam7
on 7/31/12 2:24 am
I doubt it but u can call ur doctor
I threw up less than 24 hrs of the vsg when they gave me a nasty solution to drink for my leak test... My surgeon knew I was going to throw up from it and I did... I was so terrified I messed up my new stomach.... And i was crying hysterically... But i calmed down....But I'm fine never threw up since then

Kelly                

Sutterbos
on 7/31/12 2:51 am
VSG on 06/21/12
I agree with Pobearsam - I threw up in the hospital postop day 1, and twice since (sipping too fast on my water).  The bariatric nurse said to me in the hospital, "You can't hurt your new stomach by throwing up - so go ahead!"  I felt so much better!

So sorry you feel badly today!

Marena G.
on 7/31/12 3:01 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12
It actually passed.  Thank you all soooo much!!!!

itzmetinab
on 7/31/12 7:31 am - WV
VSG on 07/16/12
I believe I've mastered the ability to NOT throw up.  When the feeling comes, I immediately go to a quiet place, close my eyes and do my yoga breathing (deep, stomach breaths...in through your nose, out through your mouth).  If possible put a cold wash cloth on your face...it helps a little more too!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views