When will hair stop falling out?

Chanciekd
on 8/1/12 3:31 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
I have lost so much hair it's a wonder I still have any.  When does this stop?  And will it start growing back soon?  I am 6 months out!
Kelly-AnneH
on 8/1/12 3:56 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
You should start finding some baby hairs growing in pretty soon. In the meantime you can use various brands of powders to disguise your nakey scalp. Even matte eye shadow works decently if you can't find the kind especially for your scalp.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Shagdoll
on 8/1/12 4:26 am
I am 11 months out and I think the hair loss slowed down a couple months ago for me. I was always a shedder but I had a ton of hair before. Now, thanks to a messed up haircut I got a month ago, my hair looks really thin. I'll take the thinned out hair though anyday cuz I love my sleeve!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

kitsyb
on 8/1/12 4:38 am - Mobile, AL
VSG on 01/23/12
I am 6 months out and have been shedding about 2 months now.  My hair feels very thin but I have noticed lots of new hair growth around the temple and hairline.  Also I am seeing less in the comb.  I am thinking that this weekend is the time for the new short pixie haircut!

Wildoatslady
on 8/1/12 4:53 am
heavy loss started at six months out and has finally gone back to normal(i'm a shedder)at 8 months. I lost about a 1/3rd of my hair.I do notice a little thinning in the front, but the hair is growing back nicely.
Chanciekd
on 8/1/12 5:55 am - MS
VSG on 01/23/12
According to all your replies, my hair loss is normal.  That makes me feel a lot better.  Thanks for posting.  This is why I love this Message Board.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views