My eyes are still bigger than my stomach

sweetpea142
on 8/2/12 3:32 am

Often I feel that I can ear more than I actually can. I dont overeat but usually wind up putting some food back , even though i think its a small amount. I do love the way my Sleeve is in control because that was the main reason for me getting the surgery. I really do respect what it does for me but I just have to get used to the fact that I can only eat a quarter of the food I used to eat, maybe less.. I hope my ticker is displayed, I cant seem to get it to come up right!

rhearob
on 8/2/12 4:02 am - TN
I would caution you to not rely too much on the restriction alone.  That restriction will lessen and lessen.  You may never be able to eat as much as you used to befire surgery, but you can eat around the sleeve - many do.

Take this opportunity to focus on learning to make the proper food choices for long term maintenance and getting a grip on any issues you may have that lead you to misuse food.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

katiebug39
on 8/2/12 4:03 am - TX

start measuring how much you put on your plate/bowl...  I measure everything... im 6 weeks post-op and i can eat 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup every 3 hours depending on what it is... Now, If I'm drinking just broth, i can tolerate 1 cup.  If im having thicker soup or chilli, i can eat  1/4-1/2 cup.  It's good to know how much your sleeve can handle.   

morgans
on 8/2/12 4:12 am
VSG on 06/18/12
If it fits in my 4oz Gladware container I can call it a meal. That includes EVERYTHING that I'm going to eat at one sitting.

It all has to fit in that container. 

If I stick with that I don't stuff myself.

Anne D.
on 8/2/12 10:30 am
I'm 18 mo out and still always weigh my protein n measure veggies, or I will always overestimate what I can eat. I have taken the advice of Frisco and try to always under eat my sleeve. It is a habit to want to eat until full, a habit that needs to be broken.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views