I need help

lmf1964
on 8/2/12 8:01 am - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
Last week I had a complete hysterectomy and am off work for a few weeks.  I am going crazy being at home and am eating all things I'm not suppose to be eating. I know it is out of boredom.

Please help . . . . I have come too far to start taking steps back.

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
Carolesel
on 8/2/12 8:30 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 Okay, I was there in your place a few years ago. I couldn't eat though. But I read, crocheted, and played on the computer. I would walk every hour. I had a big incision and this totally helped. It started out just from the bedroom to kitchen and each day I went farther. You know take a look at free online classes. Maybe you can do some of those. Also if you aren't on Pinterest  send me a pm with your email and I will invite you. I can spend hours and hours pinning stuff. That will keep your interest I promise. I hope this helps you. Get well soon
Carole

tscasto
on 8/2/12 10:40 am - Urbandale, IA
VSG on 03/22/12
Carol gave a ton a great ideas. When I was off from my VSG surgery & boyfriend was off with me from his back surgery, we watched quite a few movies. Netflix instant queue & redbox were great resources. But, you may need to do the crocheting to keep hands busy also.....lol

Best wishes & hang in there it will get better
Tenille 

HW-248.8   SW-233.4  1M-216.2   4M- 188.6
itzmetinab
on 8/2/12 12:08 pm - WV
VSG on 07/16/12
 Hang in there!  Each time you think about snacking, brush your teeth and drink some water!  I know lots of people that find that helpful!  All of the other distractions mentioned sound good too!