16 days Post op (WATER)

shaymo
on 8/1/12 1:27 pm - CA
Its still hard for me to down more 30 oz of water. I also noticed a stall in weight loss. I wish I could drink more but my tummy gets full with every drink. I can no longer tolerate Crystal Light lemonade and I use to love it pre op. Gatorade and Power aid taste to salty. I guess its water and fruit punch 0 cal's for me. Can we have Ice tea? I can not find it caffeine free? Is it okay for regular? Thank you.
        VSG 7/17/12
Calking
on 8/1/12 1:40 pm
VSG on 05/31/12
It isn't uncommon to have troubles getting enough fluids.  I am in my 8th week and am doing good to get 6 cups in per day.  As for ice tea, each doctor has a different view point on caffeine.  My nutritionist doesn't see any problem with a cup of coffee per day and at most two smaller cups.  

That being said, if you were going for a decaf tea then you need to look at herbal teas and brew them and then ice them.  Most of the herbal teas are decaffinated.  I usually buy Arnold Palmer's half tea half lemonade sweetened with splenda.  It is made by Arizona Ice Tea.  At Walmart or Target they sell it for about $2.50 per box of 10 packets or pre-made about $3 for the gallon size.  It is cheaper to get the packets.  If you get the pre-made it is called Arnold Palmers 1/2 tea 1/2 lemonade Zero.  It is 0 calories.  I like it as is and on occaision if I have a sweet tooth I add a little stevia or splenda.

By tomorrow I know some others will post other suggestions.  Good luck.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Feystorm
on 8/1/12 2:17 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12
 I am sorry, I don't know anything about iced tea - I have never really drank it.  

But I do know that dehydration or even just not enough water can be a factor in a stall.  Have you tried the Mio flavors (or even the Walmart Great Value brand)??  I know they have come out with a lot more flavors.  My favorite one right now is the Blueberry lemonade.  I think that they even have an Iced Tea flavored one.  You might want to check them out - the Walmart brand is reallllly cheap - get a bunch and start experimenting. 

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Sasny
on 8/1/12 3:17 pm
VSG on 03/20/12
 Hi

The only way I get in all my water is to drin****d tea or iced coffee.  I used to love diet ice tea snapple but since surgery it is too sweet.  So now I usually grew my own decaf blac****d tea and when i am out I drink decaf iced coffee.  I prefer decaf because I was never a caffeine person but my dr does not have a problem with caffeine in moderation.

Stephanie

Pobearsam7
on 8/1/12 8:40 pm
I drink decaf turkey hill diet tea as a treat... Check w/ your nut but most ppl drink tea and coffee post op as long as it is decaf

Kelly                

Bf516
on 8/2/12 12:58 am
what about the crystal light tea?
jacreasy
on 8/2/12 1:00 am, edited 8/2/12 1:00 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 Yes you can have Regular Tea I drink it all the time. My doctor just told me that caffeine makes some people more hungry, it doesn't seem to bother me.  Ask your doc what they think!  I know for me I'm tired of eating and drinking the same old crap even if it is healthier. I would love a Diet Coke but of course we cant have those!!!

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Carolesel
on 8/2/12 2:24 am
VSG on 06/25/12
 I had a terrible time when I came home trying to get my water in. I made my husband go get Vitamin Water Zero. It comes in all kinds of flavors. It has electrolytes so it helps you not get as dehydrated as fast. I drank 2 of those a day, which is about 36-40oz. They are zero calories and not salty. I hope this helps. It does get better. My doc's said just keep trying and go for a little bit more each day. 
Carole

sylv
on 8/2/12 2:43 am, edited 8/2/12 2:48 am - NC
VSG on 07/15/12
At work,  I usually make a pot (1200ml) of pepermint tea, serve it over ice, and try to fini**** by the end of the day. The ice adds another 500-750ml of water. So that is more than half of the daily requirement.

I brew loose leaf - a 2lb bag of peppermint costs very little and lasts forever.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002GWH7O2 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views