Vomiting during Bm?

tee4change
on 8/7/12 1:45 am - NY
I am Four months Post Op. I love my sleeve. I'm more healthy now than Ive been since H.S..... I've Lost 82 lbs since surgury.
My one and only issue is constipation and once constipation is handled with miralax I vomit during BM. When I take mirialax regularly, I'm fine, when coming out of constipation I vomit during BM?
Anyone else experience this ?  

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/12 2:34 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
I haven't heard of this before but I'm gonna play Captain Obvious: is there something else beside Miralax you can take?  Have you said something to either your bariatric surgeon or a gastro doctor of any sort?  I'm thinking it might be important.

Big plus: you seem to be an area with GREAT medical professionals available.
tee4change
on 8/7/12 3:20 am - NY
thx.... I have a fab Doctor (who I see next week) and a Boss Man Surgeon, whom I love. I plan on mentioning it to them when I see them. The miralax is gr8 If I take it daily and not get backed up with poo, I wont vomit . I stopped taking it regularly because my nutritionist wanted me to get my BM regularity from fiberous foods and Omega 3, which didn't work for me,so I got backed up again during the process.

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/12 3:29 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
Sounds to me like your NUT gave you some advice that didn't work for you.  Check back with her to tell her about it and go back to what you were doing before.  This has clearly been an ongoing situation with you that you had under control.  I'm sure she meant well but one size does NOT fit all.
tee4change
on 8/7/12 3:34 am - NY
wow yup thats so true.... thanks so much....
I see u have a Gr8 Surgeon too.

Soon_to_be_skinny_S
tacie

on 8/7/12 2:52 am - MA
VSG on 04/17/12
I thought I was the only one!

I'm 4months out and if I'd posted yesterday I'd have been down 82lbs! (84 today, I'm a stair stepper nothing for 2wks then a big drop and back to nothing)

I take Colace for constipation and when it...uh.."begins to work" I vomit too!
This happens sometimes once a week. I even know to expect it, and have a bowl in the bathroom (the toilet being occupied

And it's real vomit, like acid/bile from my sleeve, not the "spit up" you get when you eat too fast, which for me is just the "food" that hasn't made it down yet, not like real throw up.

tee4change
on 8/7/12 3:26 am - NY
Thanks for replying ....glad I'm not alone...'cause I got kinda scared. Funny thing My weight does the same.
I stay the same weight for 2-3 weeks and plummet down also. I was 244-241 back and forth for 3 weeks now I'm down to 240....Praying to be in the 230's before Sunday.... Oh how I love this sleeve.
I will keep a special bowl in front of me when I go. Thanks for that info..... One day I would love to know the biological reason for this episode though....
Tee

jarabacoagirl
on 8/7/12 4:21 am
VSG on 12/17/12
Just want to be sure of something that you are vomitting during BM and not vomitting BM.  I've never heard of vomitting during BM but I have heard the vomit up BM can mean a bowel obstruction and is a 911 emergency.  But if is' that you are just vommitting during going BM than it's sounds like you are straining or something but I'd definitely ask your doctor. 

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

tee4change
on 8/7/12 4:32 am - NY
yeah..... I am vomiting up vomit ,not poo...That would literally scared the Sh** out of me.....
I will mention it to my Doc thanks 

jayla_love
on 8/7/12 4:55 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
have you tried prune juice?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 304 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op