Soft foods with protein!

itzmetinab
on 8/7/12 7:14 am - WV
VSG on 07/16/12
 I saw my dr today and advanced from the pureed stage to the soft stage.  They didn't give a whole lot of examples other than fish (and fish isn't a favorite).  I did eat and ounce of grilled tilapia and a 1/4 cup of green beans for dinner (I was dying for a vegetable since I hadn't had one since surgery).

What are some other high protein soft foods I can try??

PS...I'm pretty picky...don't like mayo or most creamy white condiments!

Highest weight:  294  Surgery Weight:  281  Goal weight:  150
M1 - 20.6 M2 - 16.6 M3 - 17 M4 - 11 M5 -10.2

Sinlaila
on 8/7/12 7:26 am - WA
VSG on 06/12/12

chicken salad, tuna salad, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, re-fried beans, ricotta cheese - to name a few.

itzmetinab
on 8/7/12 7:33 am - WV
VSG on 07/16/12
 Thanks for the suggestions!  Unfortunately, I don't like the salads because of the mayo or Greek yogurt (don't do white creamy condiments).  Not really a fan of ricotta or cottage cheese.  I will definitely try the Refried beans though! 
considering2012
on 8/7/12 7:37 am
FINALLY I found someone who understands my aversion to white creamy condiments!!!!

Today I had an oz. of fish and a low-fat string cheese stick. I'm still full 4 hours later.
Wildcat-NYC
on 8/7/12 7:53 am
VSG on 08/16/12
You can make tuna or chicken salad with lite italian dressing instead of mayo.  Some people are allowed refried beans (my nut does not recommend them).

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
itzmetinab
on 8/7/12 9:30 am - WV
VSG on 07/16/12
 Great idea!  That actually sounds good!  I've been using chicken and bbq sauce but getting tired of it!
Wildcat-NYC
on 8/7/12 2:29 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Not sure if you like spicy, but Franks Red Hot is really good with chicken also.  There are so many sauces, etc you can use to add flavor without too many added calories.  Someone posted a peanut thai style sauce the other day, which sounded really good.

I haven't had surgery yet, but I like Tuna with Italian dressing, a bit of Feta of cheese and some greek olives - sort of like greek tuna salad.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
jayla_love
on 8/7/12 8:07 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12
salmon? Shrimp?

Italian-Princess
on 8/7/12 8:30 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Hi Itz

When I get tired of mayo, so I switch to mustard instead.  I must have 5 different mustards in my fridge just to shake things up a bit.  Fat free salad dressings also work.  And you can always add a spritz of olive oil to your egg, tuna, chicken salads.  I load those up with all kinds of herbs and spices......helps a lot.

How are you about eggs?  Make little egg omelets with a bit of LF cheese and some minced onions, garlic, leftover cooked veggies.  I make Italian turkey meatballs -- add some marinara sauce and a bit of cheese......makes a decent  meal.  Mini-meatloaves are fun, too -- I use extra lean ground turkey for them -- for the meatballs, too.  Or how about a stir-fry with some zucchini, broccoli, a little spinach, some carrots in a little light soy sauce.........and a small bit of chicken and you're good to go.

Oh, and about the eggs -- I use one egg and a tablespoon or more of liquid egg whites.  More protein that way and less fat than 2 eggs..........which I couldn't finish anyway.

To boost the protein in refried beans (fat free), I add 1/3 scoop of unflavored protein powder. 

Hope you're getting some good ideas...................

Good luck........

Ree

itzmetinab
on 8/7/12 9:32 am - WV
VSG on 07/16/12
 Thanks!  Great ideas!  I just asked my mom if she'd make me meatloaf!  Hers is the BEST!    I tried eggs about a week and a half ago and they hurt going down.  Thought I'd wait a little longer for those!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views