pre-op struggle

toniosmom
on 8/11/12 3:23 am
Today I start my 4th day of pre-op and I am really struggling.  I find that in the afternoon and evening, I feel like I'm always hungry.  I'm doing 3 shakes (2 milk and 1 water-based), several servings of soup, water, sf popsicles, sf jello.  My nut even allows me to have a yogurt.  It doesn't help that I am craving foods.  I want to chew something!  

I only have to do this for 7 days -- my surgery is on Wednesday.  I don't know how many of you got through this for 2 weeks or more.  

Any advice?  

(deactivated member)
on 8/11/12 3:24 am - Oshawa, ON, Canada
VSG on 01/28/13
Gum?
Pkrplyr777
on 8/11/12 5:27 am - CT
Believe me when I say that this time will be a distant memory before you know it.
Life on the other side of the pre-op diet is sooooo worth it.

Take it one moment at a time if you have to.
Use a calendar or countdown clock and check off the minutes, hours, days.
Get outside away from the fridge as much as you can.

See you on the losers bench
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
TonjaTLC
on 8/11/12 6:03 am - Southlake, TX
 Crunching soft ice helped me.
Surgery Date:  April 4, 2012 Offical Starting Weight: 304      
Tracasa
on 8/11/12 6:14 am
Frozen yogurt or jello jiggler's helped me. You can do it! See you on the losers bench shortly.

Missey J.
on 8/11/12 6:14 am - AZ
VSG on 08/27/12 with

You can do it ! We can do anything if we put our minds to it. Mine starts tomorrow and is 15 days long....I know its hard but in the end....surgery....is gonna be worth it.

Age 53, 5'2", HW 337, Pre OpW 312.5, SW ?, CW 286        
mjs620
on 8/11/12 6:29 am
I was on an 800 calorie diet for 2 weeks, it was awful and when i was told by many vets that it was the worst part of surgery they were right! Hang in there, you don't want to jeopardize your surgery, i went for walks, watched a movie, read OH or magazines, cleaned house....lol....you can do this! just think about what is waiting for you after its all done.....my 2 weeks went faster than i thought it would, now I'm 5 days post op already....:)
danzeppelin
on 8/11/12 6:36 am
VSG on 08/15/12
I do the same as you. The shakes, yogurt, so on. I drink so much water I feel waterlogged. I been on this pre OP diet for alot longer than most, simply because of confusion with my surgery date, so I've been on it for almost a month! The hunger? I can smell food from a mile away...I have dreams about food...I simply refuse to give in to it.
I do practice the eating slowly...drinking my shakes slowly... Like I'm already sleeved. It does help....and water till it comes out your ears.
You got this! It's almost time to rock this thing!!

lisa2job
on 8/11/12 9:26 am - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
wow I must have the only Dr that is allowing me to have  food on my pre-op diet ,.  I am to stay under 870 calories a day.    She recommends 3 shakes and a lean cuisine meal or weigh****chers 300 or less calories  for 2 weeks.   or I can do 4 shakes and a meal under 200 calories.   hmmmmm   I must have it easy ........ 
jolenecsky
on 8/11/12 10:58 am - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12
I am on day DAY 13 (out of 16 days), and I struggle every. single. day. I was very strong the first 5 days. Then on day 6 & 7, I had some serious struggling going on. I wish I could just sleep the next 4 days away until my surgery. =( I must admit though, it has gone by faster than what I thought it would. My surgery is on Wednesday too. I am getting excited and nervous! The only things I know to do to make it better is eat lots of SF jello and SF popsicls, go to sleep early, brush your teeth when you are tempted, and keep SF gum and SF mints around to munch on. You have made it this far, you can make it a littler longer!!

DOS: 8/15/12

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 168 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views