Almost 7 weeks Post-Op:) w/ pics hopefully...

stephanieplum
on 8/12/12 1:00 pm, edited 8/12/12 6:37 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
My journey has had it's ups and downs... I've struggled physically and mentally but each and every week it's gotten better; trial and error if you will.  And, lots of talking with my husband, family and friends.  My highest weight was 272.  I started this journey at 255 and currently weigh 221.  I've weighed that for days...frustrating, but it is what it is.  I closet shopped and am down two pant sizes (24 to a 20) and can wear a 1x top from a 3x.  I'm tolerating most everything I eat, although chicken sits hard on the sleeve and I seem to be lactose and whey intolerant right now.  Today, I had turkey chili w/o beans and it was delicious.  I'm making progress and I am forever thankful and blessed. 

stephanieplum
on 8/12/12 1:09 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
If you can't see my picture...they're in my profile:)  I tried:)

MistyM
on 8/12/12 1:12 pm - Eufaula, OK
VSG on 06/26/12
I had to look at your profile. You are doing great ! There is already such a difference ! :) 

Month 1= 19#     Month 2=11#    Month3=8#  Month 4 =10#

stephanieplum
on 8/12/12 1:35 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thank You!!  And, so are you!

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/12 1:28 pm
You really look amazing. The difference is really quite tremendous! Congrats! You must be so proud of yourself. I know I would be.

Don't let your little rest stop on the scale bother you. They happen all the way along. As long as you keep to your plan and maintain that caloried deficit, you'll do just fine.

Love that turkey chili without beans! I was lazy and bought the canned stuff, but it sure did me up right until I felt good enough to eat solids regularly. Good protein content, too!

Keep up the GREAT work!
stephanieplum
on 8/12/12 1:42 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Thank you, my friend...you have lifted me up in this journey and I am grateful!  I am proud and feeling so much better-almost like me again.  Starting work week at school tomr.  Lots of meetings and setting up my classroom.  I may be in bed by 8pm but I'm going to make it!  The 20th the kiddos will come:). Exciting times!  When does school start for you?  BTW, you're rocking' maintenance!

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/12 1:53 pm
My official first day back is the 20th and the kids come back on the 22nd. You know, of course, that means I'll be working in the classroom quite a bit this week.

I'm glad you're feeling better. It does take a few weeks. You should be just fine when school starts. I had surgery just before winter break and then I was off during winter break and went back. I had no energy issues. Where I did have issues was the teacher's lounge and all the damn "free" food that was always around. Beware of all the back to school goodies and have a plan in place on how to avoid temptations - if that's an issue for you. For me it's a HUGE one! 

Thanks for the compliment. I'm still feeling very tentative about maintenance and am getting used to the scale moving up and down instead of just down. It's odd, but becoming my new normal!

stephanieplum
on 8/12/12 2:19 pm
VSG on 06/27/12
 Luckily, we don't really have a teacher's lounge.  I know...weird, huh!  My biggest downfall last year was eating in the cafe.  I won't be doing that this year!  I will have lunch duty a few times during the year, but will take my lunch which will take some planning on my part.  I will have to resist going down there!  

(deactivated member)
on 8/12/12 2:31 pm
LOL! The lunch lady actually put a card in my box telling me she missed me! I was bad pre surgery and got a lunch from the cafeteria almost everyday! It was easy, but boy not good food! How many calories do 10 chicken nuggets, with mac n cheese and a cookie  have?????
sledge
on 8/12/12 1:48 pm
 You look beautiful!

HW: 406; Cons W: 348; start of pre op diet:320; Surgery Weight: 299; CW: 218;
Surgery 8/21/12

Here I come, Life.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views