4 pounds till I hit 1st goal!

AMoody
on 8/13/12 7:29 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
I cant believe it! Only 4 more pounds to go till I hit my first goal! I have NEVER made a weight goal before in my WHOLE LIFE~~~ and I have been dieting since my mom put me on a diet in elementary school where she took me to drs and got diet pills for me! so let me tell you, thats a very long time...Im now 51 years young and when I say young I mean it..loosing 71 pounds has made me feel oh so much younger and I have so much more energy and "spark".  Well, no more "if" I get to goal..I WILL be getting to goal. I will checking to see if I want to set another one..Now the big question to all you out there.. should I set a closer goal or a larger one..say 160 compaired to 150? Or since I dont know where I would like to be should  I take it slower? Had my 6 month check up and was told that at my weight now I could decide if I wanted to stop loosing or not.. all reports came back excellent, blood pressure down from 140 to 118, and that was on blood pressure meds sorry to say, no more feet or leg pain..My bmi should be up 107- 145 pounds. Im still considered overweight at this weight... soooo, whatcha all think?  Even my kids have said mom in some jeans you look so skinny...Im like what? ME SKINNY??? those 2 words have never been in a sentance together ever!..anyway...Sorry so long

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

Shagdoll
on 8/13/12 7:35 am
Wow, congrats on being so close to goal!!! You can do it!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

happyteacher
on 8/13/12 7:35 am
 Well hello there!

Personally, I would adjust your goal down into a normal bmi range... but that is just me.  My feeling is that this is probably the time that it will be the "easiest" for us to get the weight down since it has become second nature.  My docs also showed me a chart that indicates there is a slight regain for most patients (about 5% if I recall correctly).  

I am in the same boat as you.  I have about 6 pounds until I hit the bmi of under 25.  But, if I were to stop this instant I would still feel fantastic and look pretty darn good.  But, I do have some definite poundage in the belly.  Thus, I am planning on hitting goal and then taking it one week at a time until I am at a comfortable weight.  The only thing I know is that I do not want to hover at the bottom of the healthy weight range because when I have surgeries for the cancer I tend to lose a smidge each time or if chemo is in the future.  

Alot to think about, but what a great problem to have!  So glad to see you are doing well!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 78 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views