Is my pouch getting bigger?

lmf1964
on 8/13/12 6:20 pm - MI
VSG on 03/28/12
I am 4 1/2 months post-op.  Had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago.  Seems like I am eating more since hysterectomy.  Can my pouch be getting bigger?

I'm terrified!

"Some day I WILL be a beautiful butterfly" - Heimlich from 'Bugs Life'     
(deactivated member)
on 8/13/12 6:28 pm
First, I just want to remind you that you do not have a pouch, you have a smaller stomach and a functioning pyloric valve.  It is possible that you are experiencing a relaxation of your stomach due to hormonal changes.  Many of us experience this around our TOM.  It is also possible, and indeed almost certain, that what you are experiencing is a normal maturation of your stomach.  At first, our stomach is swollen after surgery, then, over a six months period, the swelling goes down and the stomach heals into more or less the normal size that it's going to be from now on.  Now some people report an increase in capacity further out, and this does happen as the left over fundus can stretch a bit and depending on how much of your fundus is left, the stretching could be more or less extensive.  What I am saying is continue to only eat pre-measured amounts of food at every meal regardless of your stomach size and take Frisco's advice and undereat your sleeve capacity as often as possible. 
sweetpea142
on 8/13/12 6:44 pm
Good advice!

califsleevin
on 8/13/12 10:04 pm - CA
In addition to the general relaxation of things that comes along in this time frame, you may also be seeing the effects of there being a little more room in your abdomin now, a bit more room for things to stretch out a bit. My wife noticed after getting things physically tightened up from her tummy tuck/body lift a few years out from her surgery that she regained some of the restriction that she had early on. Some also report improved restriction from more intense abdominal exercise and strengthening, so physical constraints within and around the abdominal cavity can change the restriction that we perceive.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin