Epic Failure this month!

Brittany R.
on 8/15/12 4:23 am
I am a bundle of nerves! Today is my last day with the 3 month program and all my paper work is being sent for approval. I'm very mad at myself because this past month has been a total EPIC FAIL. I have gained and I'm not looking forward to being held accountable for it and I really hope it doesn't hurt anything on the insurance side. I will admit this month has been like a funeral for my food addiction. I think I've made so many bad choices that I am actually excited for the pre op diet. haha I know ask me that on like day 3! Did anyone else have do this the month before or am I just CRAZY?
angiagee
on 8/15/12 5:08 am
VSG on 09/11/12
I got my aprroval in July and I feel like all i have done is eat my way through things just because I wont be able to do that ever again. The only thing I have done for myself in a positive is I stopped drinking pop.. I have not had a pop in 15 days now.. and I tell you its one of the hardest things ever!!! I have been drinking water and getting in at least 64 ozs.. but my food is all over the board. I  know that I am sick of eating crap so I have packed my lunch every day this week with ww meals or lean cusine meals just because it actually feels better to eat that then the crap ive been eating. My pre op diet is like 13 days away.. I am getting nervous but me and my friend food are on the down hill slide of breaking up!!! Dont feel bad about yourself.. just pick up and start again today.. thats all you can do now!! :)
Kevin H.
on 8/15/12 5:40 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12
This happens to a lot of folks .. including me.  I had my good bye funeral before surgery.  It gets much easier after its done and over with.  It's hard to stick to it without the benefit of the tool.

jacreasy
on 8/15/12 6:31 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 you will be OK, I didn't try and lose weight in the first 6mo of seeing my doc monthly b/c I was scared the Ins Co. would say hey... you can do this on your own! um hello if we could we wouldn't go thought this process... Good Luck!

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

happyteacher
on 8/15/12 7:13 am
 Try making small steps of progress each day, and don't wait until your preop diet to start.  I get the choices, and I will never pretend that I was perfect both pre and post op.  But I also never pretended that I didn't need a major overhaul of my eating habits and head issues.  My first goal was to just stop gaining.  Took a month to get there.  Next goal was to start losing, so I started the preop diet early.  Long story short my kidneys decided to rebel and I gained a lot of water weight... but the eating habits did begin to improve.  Next goal was to start exercising, and I mean I was not moving at all up until this point.  From there, increase exercise a bit each week and work hard at the weight to finish out the preop phase.  Finally, forced myself to go to a support meeting (and the first one was REALLY hard to make myself go to.  A lot of anxiety over that for no reason at all!)   I think if I would have waited until the 2 weeks before the transition after surgery would have been brutal.  Do everything you can to help yourself be succusful at this!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Brittany R.
on 8/15/12 7:45 am
Thanks for the encouraging words, I went to the Doctors office and they went over the pre op diet. I am going to start Monday and spending the rest of the week stocking up on protein shakes! Keep your fingers crossed, all my paperwork was submitted to insurance this morning!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 352 views