Day 5 of two week liquid pre-op diet....

neecie1123
on 8/17/12 5:51 am - NC
 I just wanted to post this for the upcoming pre-op diet folks.  Day one-not so bad, day two and three I thought my head would crack open with a massive 48 hour headache.  Day 4 I felt tired but today i feel wonderful and hope it lasts.  No hunger to speak of.....
slwths
on 8/17/12 5:59 am
VSG on 08/27/12
 I am day four today. It is wild how our bodies respond to detoxing it!  My major symptoms were headache day one & two and light headed and dizzy day 2 & 3 (more so on day 3). Today is good so far!  Blessings on your journey!  We must be close on surgery date! Mine is 8/27 (was 28th but it got moved up one day). 

neecie1123
on 8/17/12 6:05 am - NC
 Yes, we are.  Mine is 8/27.  I'm nervous, excited, nesting, and a few other crazy emotions.  Please stay in touch....I can't wait until we are done and posting our accomplishments!  Good luck, I hope you breeze right through this with no complications!!!!  God Bless....
slwths
on 8/17/12 6:19 am
VSG on 08/27/12
 Hmm, I need to nest. Lol. My house is a mess!  :) yes, let's stay in touch!  Imnready to be on the other side as well!  No complications for you too!!  What's time is your surgery. I have to be at the hospital at 7:30am. My surgery will be between 8:30 & 9:00. I am his second surgery that day!

mhbru
on 8/18/12 1:23 pm
Hi mine is on 27th also, YAY for us, overthis is day 6 preop for me,  I was a little hungry for the 1st time , so i had pureed can tuna( which is considers full liqiud by my (NUT). WE one day  closer
Donna L.
on 8/17/12 6:19 am
VSG on 08/30/12
I'm on day 7. I do pretty good all day but the evenings I still get hungry. I just drink tons which makes for not a very restful night! Good luck to you all.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/12 6:29 am
 Lucky you. I am on day 8, and I am pretty much constantly hungry. CONSTANTLY. I really do not know how I am going to make it through the next 5 days, especially not the two days of clear liquids. I feel like garbage :(
Luvnall3
on 8/17/12 11:24 am

I am day 5 post -op and remember that dreaded pre-op diet like I had it yesterday. I learned that keeping myself busy was the best way for me not to think about food. I spend 1 of the 2 weeks of my pre-op diet shopping for my kids back to school clothes. (at the mall....ahh!) Anyways, what a distration. It worked. The only bad side to this was that I was very wore out from staying so busy, that I was kinda tired before surgery. But it all worked out & doing good. good luck to you all - you can do this!

Shagdoll
on 8/17/12 11:26 am
Awesome gurl!!! So glad it's not quite as hard for you as it is for others. Eye on the prize gurl, you've got this!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views