Exercise/Smoking.

cancelsbronx
on 8/18/12 2:53 pm, edited 8/18/12 3:05 pm - Stamford, CT
So I decided to give up the cancer sticks and I am replacing them with the nicotine gum and the gym.  I have not had a cigarette in about ten days.   I have the membership for several months but have not gone only for this past week.  It has been difficult but not impossible.  When I was young I did martial arts for over ten years.  As the weight came on I still did martial arts until I decided not to go back.  As I got older I was very heavy 360 lbs but I would still go on my bike rides and I would manage because of my prior training in martial arts but I was not healthy.  And it was not a safe choice since I was so heavy and I would not eat healthy.  I have decided that I am going to reach a goal that is a healthy weight for me and I am  not going to do it by following a diet alone.  It will have to be hard work, dedication and life style changes.  I am dealing with hypothyroidism which its being treated along with arthritis.  What a better way than to incorporate exercise and healthy eating habits.  Keep me in your prayers..  Who knows I might go back to martial arts..lol....

Thanks,

Santos

acbbrown
on 8/18/12 4:25 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Congrats! What a huge goal and accomplishment so far!  You should be proud. Simply being thin doesnt make you healthy and it looks like you are well on your way to become a well rounded healthy person - that's what this journey is all about. Go you!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

cancelsbronx
on 8/18/12 8:00 pm - Stamford, CT
Thank you very much.  I know its not going to be easy but I know I can do it.  This website is a powerful tool along with the surgery and the correct frame of mind. 

Regards,

Santos

(deactivated member)
on 8/18/12 8:00 pm
Good going! 

I gave up smoking over a year ago. Probably the best thing I've ever done for my health, really! I love not being tied to those damn things! It's done wonders for my cardiovascular system and my lungs! I probably couldn't exercise the way I do, if I were still smoking!

Congratulations! What you're doing isn't easy and I stand up and cheer, yell and stamp my feet for you! It takes guts to get off the cigarettes. YOU ROCK!

Keep up the great work!
cancelsbronx
on 8/18/12 8:08 pm - Stamford, CT
Hello Kairk,

Thank you.  LOL..  I like that "Yell and stamp my feet for you".  I know you understand what those cigarettes do to us.  But I am fighting strong and giving it all I have and more.

Thanks again,

Santos