Day Before surgery- the thoughts have begun

red42897
on 8/19/12 3:31 pm
VSG on 08/20/12
 What if I fail this too?
Will this really work?
Am I crazy?
What have I gotten myself into?

Yep talking myself out of them but they have been popping in today that's for sure.

HW:280 SW: 259 CW: 181.2

Mark73181
on 8/19/12 3:37 pm
VSG on 08/02/12
Had the same thoughts myself, take it one step at a time. The first couple of days it's hard but I'm completely more confident that I will suceed now and it's only day 17 for me.

Tirza T.
on 8/19/12 3:37 pm
VSG on 01/17/12
This is so normal for a lot of us. Many of us also fear failure. I had some nightmares the week of the surgery that it failed and I did not lose. But, as long as you put in the work to work this tool you will be fine. Look at the stats of the vets and those of us that are still on the journey. Look at the before and afters.  Know that some of us have asked the same questions you were asking and yet we have had success.

This will be the beginning of an new chapter in your life that will be filled with healthier days. Good luck!

Female, Height 5'6"
HW&Surgeon Consult Weight: 330 lbs. SW: 294 CW:
Jaybee766
on 8/19/12 3:39 pm - Silver Spring, MD
VSG on 02/27/12 with
COngratulations on this leg of your journey!!!  You are completely normal (as you know).  You've done your research, you've asked all the right questions, you've done the work.  You're not crazy, it will really work and you're right where you are meant to be!   Hang in there - almost there and then the rest of your life begins.  It's fantastic even with any little bumps that come along the way.   Take a deep breath, enjoy the ride - things go realllllllly fast the morning of surgery and the next thing you know - you'll be waking up post op!  Hang on and know that you've got a HUGE OH family supporting you!
Jeanne 

Height 5'7"   HW: 314     SW: 293

mjs620
on 8/19/12 3:56 pm
I had the same thoughts but after August 6th wls and 29pds later including losing on pre-op im estatic! I feel so much better already and you will too.....im so happy i did it...hang in there! you will be fine and no your not crazy at all!
TSinNC
on 8/19/12 4:09 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
It's so perfectly normal to think all of those things right before surgery. Just try to focus on the reasons that you are taking this step, and remember to take a deep breath every now and again. You will do great, and we'll see you on the other side on the losers' bench!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

lucy2e
on 8/19/12 4:38 pm - Laurel, MD
You did all the pre-op hoops.  You know what you have to do after surgery.  You are taking a major step to make a positive change in your life.  You are going to do AWESOME.  Now take a deep breath, look over all your instructions one last time, and know that you are giving yourself a wonderful gift!

Prayers and happy thoughts are headed your way! 

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

red42897
on 8/19/12 5:06 pm
VSG on 08/20/12
 Thank you all so very much.  It really really does help having this forum to be there. No one else could ever understand except people who have done it. To me it's really unlike anything else.  Just looking at each of your successes in photos or signatures and tickers has given me a huge boost.  I am so ready, I do love myself and my family and this for all of us. 

HW:280 SW: 259 CW: 181.2

juddfan1974
on 8/19/12 5:50 pm - TN
VSG on 07/02/12
I had many of the same thoughts.  Before my July 2nd surgery.  I think it would be more of a concern if you didnt have some questions and little fear.  Good luck!

jtshack
on 8/19/12 6:24 pm - SC
VSG on 08/28/12
I just found this site today and I'm so thankful that I did! I have 9 sleeps left before surgery and my nerves are just now beginning to unravel. I guess those same questions/fears that you have hit me a little earlier than they did you if you're just now having them the night before surgery. I know I'll be fine and I know I'll be successful, but it doesn't stop those questions from tickling the back of my mind. I have to agree with another poster who said she'd be more concerned if you DIDN'T have those questions running through your mind. My mother had VSG roughly 8 weeks ago and I clearly remember her voicing these same concerns. Somehow I didn't remember that when those same thoughts crept into my mind! LOL! So I guess that makes us both pretty normal! Good luck with your surgery tomorrow!!

~ Tracey from SC ~ VSG on 8/28/2012 with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana

Start - 250 ~ Surgery - 218 ~ Current - 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 66 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 252 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 319 views