stats for full liquids

toniosmom
on 8/22/12 10:22 am

I'm about to begin full liquids -- so happy to be putting clears behind me!  Do you track anything else besides protein?  I'm wondering if I should track carbs and calories as well.  My nut advised to be between 60-70g of protein and didn't indicate anything else except to be sure to get in enough liquids. 

Looking for advice from those of you who have been there......

Thanks!

Snowberry
on 8/22/12 10:28 am
VSG on 04/10/12
I used myfitnesspal which automatically tracks protein, calories, carbs, etc.  My nut also really only stressed keeping track of protein and water, but I liked knowing the carbs and calories too.

toniosmom
on 8/22/12 10:44 am
Thanks -- yes, I'm using MFP.  I just wasn't sure if I should be aware of carbs at this stage or not. 

Snowberry
on 8/22/12 10:55 am
VSG on 04/10/12
I think differen't doctors have different ideas on that.  Mine told me not to worry about carbs/calories while on full liquids.  I was told it was most important to get in that protein and all the water.  I only tracked because I wanted to know...not because my surgeon wanted me to keep track.

Nadurra Deb
on 8/22/12 11:11 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Same here...I keep track for my own purposes. My dr only requires me to get in 60-80 grams of protein and 64+ oz of water (not counting protein shakes...some will count protein shakes during the liquid phase) and take my multi vitamin, calcium citrate and B12. They never gave me a calorie or carb guideline...just told me suger free (or less than 5g sugars per serving). I'm guessing I will get more on that tomorrow at my 2 week follow up appt.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Nadurra Deb
on 8/22/12 11:03 am - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
Yah! Out of the clears at last!

I use myfitnesspal.com to track protein, calories, fat and carbs. It just makes it easier not to try to remember it all. And I'm thinking it will be helpful when I'm trying to make adjustments to my diet if things aren't working. I'm 2 weeks post op and I try to keep my calories between 650-750 (no less than 650), protein 70-80g and Carbs limited to no more than 40g. So far so good. I've lost 19 lbs in a little over 2 weeks :)

I don't worry too much about fat because really watching calories and carbs ends up making you watch fat. I think we do need a little bit of fat. I'm mostly just keeping track for curiosity down the road. My fat goal is set at 18 because that is where the program wants to put it when I adjust the protein and carbs. Some days I end up a bit over, some days under.

I'm trying to get at least 64 oz of water a day (not including protein shakes), but that's been the hardest thing for me. I have to set a timer in between meals to go off every 5 minutes so I can take in a couple more swallows. Otherwise, I make no progress.

My name is NadurraDeb on MFP if you or anyone wants to be friends. I find it helpful to see what others are eating for ideas.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Marie M.
on 8/22/12 7:27 pm - PA
I track calorie, carbs, protein and fluids on MFP.  I don't ever worry about fat content.

Good luck!
Marie

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views