Dodge and Weave Friday, Instead of Free For All Friday

isabellarossellini
on 8/24/12 6:00 am
Well, I've been working dilegantly to try and take off the last 20 pounds, which has been quite difficult with increased hunger, increased ability to eat, and complacent attitude.  Today is Friday, and every Friday we have free bagels, being a Jew this is extra tempting.  Its funny how free can cause me to want to eat what I normally wouldn't eat.  I feel like i'm missing out on something if I don't partake. 

Honestly i would normally give myself a little room for indulgences and cravings, but I think I am really starting to understand what an addict I am!  I've planned out my meals, because I'm dilegently trying to stay between the 600-800 calorie goal, and 20-40 carbs, but let me tell you things keep popping up, and everyday and every meal there seems to be well just this one thing...

So here I am at  8am already struggling.  But I have to pat myself on the back, I've run here to release my frustrations, and I've stuck to my prepared breakfast of scrambled eggs and cheese. 

I think i may need to include more variety in my diet so when free goodies in the break room pop up, i have my own little special goodies, instead of the same boring food i've been eating for 9 months. 

2# Temptation:  3pm yogurt hour.  3pm is already my weak part of the day, now we have some sort of yoforia get together (which that yogurt and toppings is just as bad as regular ice cream)  to learn more about the United Way and a work get together.  I may need to avoid the whole thing and take a walk, i'm already craving the yogurt.  Maybe I need to come up with a quality alternative that I can indulge in like an EggFace protein ice cream recipe, not that i can make that in my cube but they do have these protein brownies at the Smoothie King that are pretty amazing, but that would send me over the edge of calories and carbs too.  ACKKKKKKK.  I'm so frustrated.

3# Temptation:  snickers bars, i'm pmsing and boy I know the two snicker bars my boyfriend bought and left at my house will be calling my name tonight.  I may just have to accidentally throw them in the garbage.  OOPS.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow, i know that even with all my planning it will be difficult to stick to my dietary goals, and i don't want it to snowball into a day before and a week after i'm still eating crap, and i can't reel myself back in.  

I think taking on these challenges head on now, will only make this easier later on.  I swear, it is an addiction!  i am really only now, 9months post op realizing that i have an addiction.  I don't think i even realized that pre-op, despite how self aware and well read i thought i was.  hmmm 

Well thanks for listening to me vent, this is actually helped me forget about bagels for a minute. :)
Shagdoll
on 8/24/12 9:15 am
Gurl, I seriously loved this post. I can sooo relate. Your tempting foods might be a little different than mine but we all have foods that tempt us to the fullest.
Gurl, I want you to stick to plan with me so we can get these last pounds off together!!! It is hard because we feel like we have been doing this for a long time. One of my sleeve gals at work told me that we HAVE to get to goal now because the holidays are coming up. It scares me to think about it. I can eat a lot more now than I could 6 months ago. I am already mentally trying to prepare myself for the future because there is no way in hell I am going back to where I was.
We deserve this new happy & healthly lifestyle. Let's go gurl!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

isabellarossellini
on 8/24/12 11:07 am
Thank you so much for your encouragement!  And I'm thrilled to have someone doing it with me.  You really got me going.  YES we will do this!  And oh man, I didn't even think about the holidays coming up.  YIKES.  We totally deserve our new happy healthy lifestyles. :)  Thanks Honey!!  have a great weekend.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 303 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 350 views