severe adversions to food.. almost 2 yr out

sianabob
on 8/24/12 12:15 pm, edited 8/24/12 5:25 am
So I am frustrated... I am almost 2 years out, started at 241 currently 110... 5'4

I have had no problems eating the way I was supposed to, made goal (136) in 9 months then continued down to my current weight since then... I am content with my normal window depending on what time of month it is.. about a month and a half ago everthing started making me either dump or throw up... I had not overeaten... I keep my intake to 4 oz.. always focused on protien first unless it was out of my hands eating at someone elses house.. since I was on vacation I kind of settled with eating things I knew would be fine such as protien bars or nuts... recently I have had an adversion to EVERYTHING.. I dont want to eat.. I dont want food in my mouth.. I force myself to swallow, occasionally I cant even bring myself to swallow the food in my mouth knowing that if I do I will be throwing up.. for instance, I had a grape.. I eat them just occasionally.. never had a problem with it.. I couldnt even swallow it, I had nothing in my stomach that day... I dont have the flu, I am not pregnant... I am just confused and stuck.. I realllllllly dont want nor need to lose more weight, this week I have lost 5 pounds, some of which was the water weight from my cycle, but generally I dont lose that weight until after my cycle is over, so I fear that I will continue to just keep losing if I cant figure out what is up with me... anyone have any thoughts or ideas??? I dont want meat, I dont want fruits/veggies, I dont want protien bars/shakes.. I dont want carbs... I just dont want anything.. nothing sits right, nothing feels right excep****er.. ugggg

and just incase anyone remembers me, Ill include an updated photo

loverofcats
on 8/24/12 1:28 pm, edited 8/23/12 6:34 pm
Contact your doctor. These are not normal symptoms and you may also need some counseling to explore your aversion to food. You don't want to lose anymore weight, since what you are losing is your lean muscle mass and not fat. Your health is in danger. I highly recommend that you contact your health provider to rule a physical reason for your symptoms. Sometimes a stricture can develop, which cause vomiting and inability to keep food down. You need to have it checked out.
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Nadurra Deb
on 8/24/12 2:39 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
I second this reply. Something sounds off and I would visit your dr for answers.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Junebug175
on 8/24/12 1:32 pm
 Sounds like what I have been going through for a couple of weeks and I am only 4 weeks out. I had all the nausea meds a person could ask for. I was told I had a slight fold in my sleeve so there was a narrowing that could be causing it and they would possibly have to do an endoscopy procedure with a balloon to stretch that area. They wanted to try one more thing first....Claritin. My surgeon had a patient who was having issues with allergies and the post nasal drop was causing nausea and vomiting and so he put her on Claritin. Made her better. I looked at him like he was crazy but was willing to try because I was tired of being sick constantly. I have been on it since Tuesday. I am not at 100% yet but my nausea is not an all day occurrence anymore. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/24/12 2:56 pm
Stress can cause spasms in your sleeve and the inability to eat.  I don't know if that applies...  Sorry, hope you feel better!
sianabob
on 8/24/12 3:14 pm
Thanks everyone.... I certianly want to eat... I just dont know what the issue is.. I hate the feeling of knowing if I swallow something then it will cause me to throw up.. such a pain, I had an egg this afternoon.. absolutly did not want it, and went through me faster than quicksand... I just dont understand!!! I have an appointment on the 11th and I will certianly be asking then.. I dont want something serious to come from this, I dont want to continue to lose in an unhealthy manner, or in any manner for that matter..

Carmelita
on 8/24/12 9:52 am, edited 8/25/12 12:30 am - Four Corners, NM
 wow this sounds really bad for 1.5 months you've been like this , lost 5 pounds this week...and won't see your doc in another couplea weeks?

To be going this long...I think somethin is wrong, can't wait...don't wait too much longer. medical problems need medical attention! 

Oops..I think you "look" healthy...not underweight/malnourished,  why I was confused ...

..seriously tho see if you can see a gastroenterologist...so they can run some tests. 

I sure hope you find out what this is... and feel better soon!!

eta:  Frisco,   friendly reminder:   cyberstalking is a violation of TOS
sianabob
on 8/24/12 1:59 pm, edited 8/24/12 2:41 pm
I am the one in the striped top.. I am with my grandmother..

I tried to get something sooner, I know if I go to the emergency room nothing will be done besides them setting a follow up appointment to go to the doctor.. today I was able to keep a protien bar, and a few bites of steak down. That troublesome egg...  I took a bite out of an orange slice... anything more than a bite would have caused it to come back up I am certian.. protien shake had made me dump...  I have a call into the nutritionist to see if she can see me sooner, just waiting on the return call though

frisco
on 8/24/12 12:36 pm, edited 8/24/12 8:22 pm

Hope you get this worked out.......

frisco

*** I think your Grandma looks just fine as well as yourself...... Great Photo!!!.....I couldn't believe that comment......confused is pretty accurate.....

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sianabob
on 8/24/12 9:34 pm
Thank you!

i just dont understand everything was fine then all of a sudden it went haywire.. I thought at first I was having a newly developed inability to chicken, but it quickly spread to nearly everything I eat from greek yogurt to tuna fish... just bizarre... my mind, mouth, and stomach are apparently on different levels.... I know I NEED to eat... I wish I could relay that to my stomach!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views