Pee-pee sticks make me happy...

JoyeuxNoel
on 8/26/12 1:47 am
So, I'm near the end (see what I did there? positive thinking baby!) of an almost two week stall and I thought I'd share a little trick I use to make myself feel better...

Every morning I get on that scale and it hasn't moved - I promptly take myself to the bathroom and have a wee on a keto stick. 

The scale might not be rewarding me for sticking to my guns and not blowing my diet because I'm frustrated with the stall...bu****ching that pee-pee stick turn purple reassures me that, indeed I am still burning fat and that fills me with glee! 

REMEMBER: The scale is an inanimate object. You cannot puni**** or get revenge on it or hurt it's feelings by saying "Screw you scale!" and stuffing your face full of sugar, carbs, etc...you'll only betray yourself. 

Haha - a lot of people in the stall boat lately, so I hope this helps!

"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now."      
cajunlady1958
on 8/26/12 8:09 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Thank you. Where can I buy those sticks?

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

ksommer08
on 8/26/12 12:22 pm - OH
VSG on 06/25/12
Any pharmacy has them. They're called urine ketone test strips. I got mine at CVS (in the diabetic testing section). I think a vial of 50 sticks cost me about 12 dollars.

JoyeuxNoel
on 8/26/12 6:58 pm
Yuppers - WalMart, Target, CVS, Costco...they are usually in the aisle with the diabetic stuff...near the sugar free candy! (Another thing that makes me happy...) 
"I never look back darling, it distracts from the now."      
windyacres
on 8/26/12 9:09 pm - Garner, NC
 ReliOn ketone test strips through WalMart.com are under $6.00.

Edie
Approved 8-1-11, Surgery 8-22-11  SW 231, Goal 140, CW 165

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views