Hello all! Sleeved 8/16, back to work today!

chocolateeri
on 8/28/12 7:36 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 I know I have not been on here in a while, and the last thing I wrote about was my horrible experience in the hospital and them having to put an IV in my neck after bruising my arms up pretty bad (still have the bruises). But I am here to report that after they took out that damn drainage tube on Thursday, I feel A WHOLE LOT BETTER!!!!

I went back to work today, some said it was too soon. I looked very tired (and I was, still am), and they said I looked just drained. But....they could tell my clothes are now too big for me (down 15 since surgery, total 35lbs since Aug 1, I am losing about 2 lbs/day now) I am so tired, and am just now able to sleep in my own bed and not the couch. Still a struggle to sleep on my side, but it is much better than it was before. 

I will admit, I having a very rough time getting in at least 64oz of fluid. Its not like it hurts to swallow or anything like that, it is just I guess I don't have my pace down yet. I am not guzzling water like I used to, and it was never a problem before getting over 64oz, I just cannot figure out how big of sips are ok, and I mess up. I get small sips, then accidently do more and I get uncomfortable gurgling and bubbling in my belly. I think that is what messes me up. Any suggestions on how I can do better would be great! I did find a straw is a lot better. This is also not working with my protein shakes, too thick. I drink slow, but man, I can feel it coating my belly. Not pleasant, but it is a process. 

I also finding myself really, really looking forward to that mushy stage, I would almost kill for some eggs and cheese right now lol. Common?

Thanks all in advance!

Wildcat-NYC
on 8/28/12 7:42 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Do you have a one ounce shot glass?  I would pour an ounce of water and sip that over a minute.  I kept a pad of paper and pen next to me and marked each time I did an ounce.  Shoot for 8 oz an hour and you'll have 8 hours to get your 64 oz in.  This really helped me in the beginning.

I'm so glad to hear that you are better and home.  

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Sutterbos
on 8/28/12 8:59 pm
VSG on 06/21/12
It took me awhile to build up to the required water intake, and I've heard that from almost everyone in my support group.  It felt like a full time job those first couple weeks!

Sugar free popsicles helped me in the beginning.  They are 2 oz each.

Totally normal to be craving the mushies!  I had never looked so forward to a scrambled egg in my life!  :-)

Pobearsam7
on 8/29/12 4:44 am
Take it easy!!! I took off 5 1/2 wks and I was still drained. Definitely get your rest once you get home from work. I'm 9 wks today and I just started feeling in week 7.
I know how you feel about being poked and prodded at the hosp, they had to draw blood from my feet right after the vsg because I was dehydrated.

Kelly                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views