Psychological Evaluation

Angelicashearts
on 9/5/12 11:53 am - NV
VSG on 11/14/12
So I have my visit scheduled next week, what kind of question will they be asking? Im a little nervous, dont wanna say the wrong thing!
Jewelz13
on 9/5/12 12:04 pm - TX
 They just want to make sure you understand what you are doing. That u are prepared to follow diet plan. That you don't have any addiction problems that need counseling first. Piece of cake, unless your crazy! Lol!

Angelicashearts
on 9/5/12 1:39 pm - NV
VSG on 11/14/12
Thanks Jewelz13, my biggest fear would be that I failed, and would be denied, but I think I will be fine!
TerriORN
on 9/5/12 1:45 pm - Maple Valley, WA
VSG on 07/09/12

I had 3 booklets that I had to go through. Took about 2 hours.Psychological personality tests. Asked in several ways do you love your parents, relationships etc. You'll do fine.

duck1975
on 9/5/12 2:39 pm - MI
VSG on 08/28/12
 Well Mine physiologist for 10 min and she said you can go you are normal!   Lol. Not even kidding!

Hislady
on 9/5/12 8:04 am - Vancouver, WA
Mine was 3 booklets of questions and there really wasn't a right or wrong answer. Just be honest and you'll do fine.
ravenbrown
on 9/5/12 3:20 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12
Mine took three hours - 2 hand written tests, 2 test on computer, 1 brief interview.  The assessment said I have a slightly pessimistic bent, but otherwise I'm pretty normal.  Really not a big deal, just boring.  Just be honest.  The computerized tests had over 100 questions a piece and several questions were the same with slightly different phrasing to help detect lying or embellishment.  I think most of the assessment is just to make sure you aren't schizophrenic or psychotic. 
Lauren Vento
on 9/5/12 3:27 pm - Lake Elsinore, CA
VSG on 09/08/12
 Mine took abut 30 minutes.  Filled out a packet, mainly about depression, anxiety, drugs and alcohol.  It was a breeze!  you'll be fine!
skinny cat
on 9/5/12 4:33 pm
VSG on 01/08/13
 Mine was 3 visits. The first we talked about my past dieting, what type of support I had in place for after surgery, what problems I think I might encounter. The second was a test, similar to what others posted about. The third was the results of the test, which was very interesting. It gave the doc ideas about how likely I was to stick to the diet, to seek support, to accept advice, etc. Very interesting. I actually liked it (and liked my doc). He offered his services if I needed them at all after surgery. I tend to think people should take this part a little more seriously. It may be a requirement, but if all the docs were like mine and not just there to push you thru to surgery, I think we could learn a lot about ourselves. 
My friend went to a different doc and she told my friend she thought she had a few unresolved issues that should be taken care of before surgery. When my friend returned for the follow up visit, the doc asked why she was there and she said "because you told me I had to come back" and the doc said "um,, you are ok for surgery". Such a shame. We need to do everything we can to make sure we are completely prepared for surgery.

Debbie M.
on 9/5/12 4:35 pm - Orient, OH
VSG on 01/30/13
I am with you!  I have my psych eval next week too! I was told by the receptionist that I will have 1.5  hours with the psychologist and take tests that will last the same amount of time. I am nervous too!

We need to be honest when answering the questions. I think our answers are not right or wrong, just helps the psychologist determine if we know what we are doing and how it will affect us in the future. My Sister and Friend had their's with other psychologists and they stated the tests were true and false questions about family, yourself, etc.  They both did well and have been approved. 

Good Luck!

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 164 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 440 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 460 views