Anyone heard of Health Wise Products?

tracey6692
on 9/5/12 10:55 am
VSG on 08/02/12
Hi All
Was wondering if anyone has ever used the Health Wise products and success with them.  I just purchased some from my Dr's office.  Hoping to up my protein.  I just had blood work done for my one month post op and my protein was too low.  Which I was surprised because I do get in at least 70 grams sometimes more.  I always count my gross calories which usually is 750-820.  But my Dr.s office saying I need to go by my net calories.  Does anyone know the optimal number to consume? Gross verses Net? Please advise me.
Thanks Tracey

Wildcat-NYC
on 9/5/12 2:28 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

My doctor sells healthwise also.  I like the wildberry, beef broth and hot chocolate.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
skinny cat
on 9/5/12 4:45 pm
VSG on 01/08/13
 Before considering WLS I did a program for almost a year. They used health wise products. The vanilla shakes were horrid, the strawberry and chocolate were good. However, I ordered them online and the ones I got had the same name but they had 10 calories more and were thicker with more of an after taste so I'm not sure which ones you will get. They also only had 15g protein for 8 oz and I think you can probably get more protein with other shakes like Unjury and Matrix. Just my opinion. I obviously did not have success with them, but that might not be the products fault, but mine and the program's. 

tracey6692
on 9/6/12 6:46 am
VSG on 08/02/12
Thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 161 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 433 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views