Back home! Now trying to get some liquid ideas so I don't get bored.....

laroc33
on 9/4/12 9:28 pm - CA
VSG on 09/01/12
 So everything went well.  Got my surgery Saturday Sept 1st @ INT hospital of TJ, Mexico with doctor Vanboonen and Dr Ponce.  Now home but need some liquid ideas so I don't get bored :)
jtshack
on 9/4/12 10:17 pm - SC
VSG on 08/28/12
My son got creative with making me different kinds of decaf teas with various flavors. Helped to break up the boredom of broths!! 

Good luck to you and speedy recovery!

~ Tracey from SC ~ VSG on 8/28/2012 with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana

Start - 250 ~ Surgery - 218 ~ Current - 145

laroc33
on 9/4/12 10:36 pm - CA
VSG on 09/01/12
 great idea had not tried Teas yet! thank u!
jtshack
on 9/4/12 10:39 pm - SC
VSG on 08/28/12
There's a huge variety of decaf teas that we found at Wal-Mart and ALL were delicious. I used liquid Stevia (Stevia to Go) to sweeten it or Splenda. You don't need much sweetener - the one I like the best was Sleepy Time by Celestial Seasonings and it's such a treat when he brings it to me at bedtime. Just be sure to check the labels for decaf...

(See? I didn't get my tea tonight and here I am up at 1:30 AM! LOL!)   

~ Tracey from SC ~ VSG on 8/28/2012 with Dr. Lopez in Tijuana

Start - 250 ~ Surgery - 218 ~ Current - 145

laroc33
on 9/5/12 1:08 am - CA
VSG on 09/01/12
 Thank u for sharing I will defiantly check them out later on today. Lol! And if I would have known I would b sleeping too but I have a bad cough at night n made me wake up to b online but at least I got to c ur post ;)
sleevicidal_maniac
on 9/5/12 5:26 am
 of course check with your doc, but benadryl was suggested by my doc for itching and coughing and it makes you go to sleep as well as addressing the cough. it had no impact on blood thickness or inteactions with other basic meds so he didn't even pause before saying it.

as for variety of clear liquids. I really like powerade zero, gatorade G2 (low cal), sobe lifewater zero and the arizona diet arnold palmer teas (1/2 tea, 1/2 lemonade). Something about getting them one big can or bottle at a time too. 

Preop, I would stop on the way to work and get a big (20-24oz) coffee. Postop I started getting heaqaches from the caffeine deficiency. My doc said he'd prefer I drink a small, regular coffee as long as I got my water in and that the caffiene aversion is more about the dehydration than it is about the actual caffiene being bad.

I'm sure there's a nutritionist on staff at the surgeon's office. Maybe ask her/him for some cool ideas. My daughter and her friends made me ice pops from everything and then we threw the ice pops into the margarita blender and had italian ices made from apple juice and water, cranberry juice and water, gatorade, iced tea.... It was the same 'ol **** that I was sipping, but it was better eating it with a spoon. 

Stick in there. My clear liquid was 16 days and I lost almost 30lbs. Great way to start, getting 1/4 way to goal in the first 2 weeks. ;)
laroc33
on 9/6/12 12:06 am - CA
VSG on 09/01/12
 I am taking anti acids but I am gonna try benadryl tomorrow if this doesn't go away. Thanks

I went to Walmart n got me some diet arnold Palmer they are so good thanks for idea I am getting tired of the after taste of g2's. :(  I miss having coffee but since pre op I had stopped now I'm ok with out it.  Who would have thought ?  (was addicted). As far as your liquid weeks how many weeks did you do including pre op?
Wildcat-NYC
on 9/5/12 7:21 am
VSG on 08/16/12
I like the Mio flavorings.  You can buy them at Target.  There are tons of flavors - I like the Sweet Tea, Fruit Punch and Black Cherry.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
laroc33
on 9/6/12 12:08 am - CA
VSG on 09/01/12
 Thank u will check those out too fruit punch sounds delicious ;)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views