Tired of hoops, tired of waiting and cranky!!!!

Tnana
on 9/5/12 12:00 pm - MO
 I have the entire month with tests, Nut visit, cardiologist, upper gi, nutrition classes and still have no idea if I'll be approved. I sure am going to be irritated if I am not approved after all this work!!  I am not very patient and all this waiting and all these hoops are crazy!! Just venting. It would be different if there was any kind of guarantee it will be approved. 
Shagdoll
on 9/5/12 3:06 pm
I can imagine how hard it is for you right now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

skinny cat
on 9/5/12 4:21 pm
VSG on 01/08/13
 This might cheer you up: I don't even get to do all this in a month. I am ending month 4 and still need to set appts with cardiologist, pulmonologist, GI doc, have 2 more nut meetings. I'm looking at another 3 months. Takes so long to get appts. Keep plugging along,,,,,we will get there!

AnnieinIA
on 9/5/12 4:39 pm
I have a somewhat unusual perspective on this. I was part of a WLS program that required LOTS of testing and my insurance required the 6 months of dr visits.

I jumped through all the hoops - thought I would lose my mind, and got poked, prodded and examined in areas I had never been before. Twice during these tests it looked as if I may have something really seriously wrong with me, but thankfully both ended up not being true.

At the very last minute I changed surgeons and programs. This new program requires far less testing - but a few things the first program didn't. I, like you, had no assurance through any of this that I would be approved.

Today I am 6 days away from surgery. And - believe it or not - I am glad now that I had so many requirements. It caused me to grow and to truly understand my motivation for surgery. For example, when they thought I had a disease that sudden death is the first symptom (turned out to be false alarm) I realized how very much I want to live. A scare like that will do it to you.

So now I move toward surgery with a sense of confidence that I am healthy and will likely come through it well.

Really, it's kind of a blessing.
Tnana
on 9/5/12 4:59 pm - MO
 Thanks for all the upbeat posts. I have no option but to keep plugging and wait it out but just so ya know... I'm going to be one peed off chick if the insurance says no!!!! Lol
NeedsSleep
on 9/5/12 7:35 pm - IL
VSG on 09/20/12
After fighting with the company I work for for THREE YEARS, I got the exclusion (cosmetic surgery) overturned.  Next was the 6-7 months of required doctor visits and testing.  Yes, I was annoyed but I got my date and I'm more READY now than ever!  

Be patient!!  Unless you can pay for it yourself, it's the only way! 

Good luck!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views