Needing Help

C. Harvey
on 9/9/12 5:59 pm, edited 5/3/17 12:07 pm
VSG on 01/11/12

racemomss
on 9/9/12 6:09 pm - TX
VSG on 08/29/12
I feel for your cousin. I am working on my second post op week. I agree protein after surgery tastes different. What I liked before I cannot stomach now. I have been in the ER because of dehydration as of yesterday. This has been tough. I have found that just chocolate is the best of all evil protein going down. It is still hard but better than the other fruity ones. Has she tried ice chips? those are great to me!  Please let her know dehydration is awful!!! I do not recommend that at all! Depression ha**** me hard and I am hoping the best for her! There are protein shots of whey protein in a few ounces. Maybe those will work for her. I will say a prayer for her and hope she is doing better. She shares the same date as mine!!!

slimpickins5280
on 9/9/12 6:11 pm - CO
Has she tried Isopure? Some people hate it.

My Doc counts it as water AND protein.

I drank a lot of it early on.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

dianne220
on 9/9/12 6:18 pm - TX
VSG on 10/02/12
 I haven't had my surgery yet but I have heard about protein soup.  Maybe the warm soup she can keep down instead of cold protein?  They showed us different flavors at our support group.  They have them at the vitamin store in our town.  It has to be hard with her in pain and the extra hormones and yours was relatively easy.  Good luck to her!
Diana M.
on 9/9/12 7:44 pm - TX
VSG on 07/12/12
 Has her doctor given her something to take for nausea?  My surgeon was very touchy about me throwing up the first few weeks (and I had some pretty major issues with it).  As soon as I would start, he would have me in the ER, then admit me to the hospital and get me on fluids and anti nausea meds.  His big thing was that, especially right at first, once we can't keep any fluids down, we can't catch back up because of the super tiny tummy you have, especially with all the swelling.

Nadurra Deb
on 9/9/12 9:37 pm - CO
VSG on 08/06/12
It sounds like she is having some nausea issues. That could be because she is dehydrated. I have read many posts about nausea and most improved with hydration. If she can't seem to get it in herself orally, tell her not to hesitate to go into her dr or even urgent care and ask for IV fluids. So many times that is all you need to turn things around. I am 5 weeks post op and I can totally tell when i don't get enough fluids in because I will start to feel nauseous. I end up sitting for a couple of hours and taking a couple of sips every few minutes and usually within a couple of hours I feel a lot better. If she can't keep fluids down, she might need help to get hydrated.

I hope she feels better soon. It will get better, but that's hard to heard and believe when you feel so crappy.

Does she come on here and read the posts? She will find pretty quick that she is not alone having nausea right now. Those first couple of weeks can be tricky until you find the right balance that works for you.

Debbie          

YouTube WLS Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NadurraDeb

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 79 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views