Back pain still here, muscle relaxers HELP!!

Jackie00
on 9/10/12 1:30 pm
Well Thursday will be three weeks with my back out, not getting any better but I stopped the muscle relaxers last week because my weight jumped five pounds. Well, I am still in severe pain so started taking them again. I have a physio and massage referral now so hopefully will get that going on Wednesday. I want to feel better, I have to take benefibre and I was in so much pain last week that I went out and got exlax to work fast, still nothing but hey they are moving again but realized I can't tolerate the pain much more.

I was told by a dr that I will retain fluid with the muscle relaxer so just going to get back on the ibprofen.

My help question is, will I hurt myself being on these pills much longer? Besides being constipated and feeling of hunger on them they worked a little but now need to wait to get them in my system again. So sad cause I was hoping to see the 170s for my one year mark the end of this week but it is not going to happen, and will probably be up a few pounds grrr. Cooler weather at night and was hoping to get back into my running by now.

Sorry had to vent, so frustrated!!
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

INgirl
on 9/10/12 3:05 pm
I've had to be on muscle relaxers for many weeks at a time, to the point I could function on them and didn't get loopy anymore.. no ill effects. I hate back issues, I hope things look up soon. Have they suggested an MRI?
Jackie00
on 9/10/12 4:36 pm
No but I will wait to see if physio feels anything, it is just back spasms were I am tilted over to one side when it is really bad. I am going to go back to the ibprofen as you suggested to me before. I just want to get out of pain and glad it didn't hurt your stomach. I was healed over in constipation pain last week, that is why I stopped the medication. Got that under control now and will keep to my benefibre while I go back on the medication. I was just hoping after two weeks the majority of the pain would be gone.

I really think it is just muscular because I was only pushing the stroller up hills, loose gravel, no lifting. Oh how I have learned my lesson.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 399 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views